by Tracy Z. Maleeff, Legal Division Chair, Duane Morris LLP (Reprinted from the Legal Division Docket)
We have a fantastic line-up of professional development and networking sessions scheduled for the SLA 2012 Annual Conference & INFO-EXPO, to be held July 15-18 at McCormick Place in Chicago, Illinois. To maximize our members’ conference experience, the Legal Division has collaborated with a variety of SLA Divisions in order to enhance your learning and networking needs. We are grateful for our generous sponsorships. Please thank our sponsor partners when you see them! If you want to be a part of this Windy City fun, register before May 11th to take advance of the Early Bird Rate. For more information about registration and hotel reservations, please visit http://sla2012.sla.org/. Hope to see you in Chicago!
Follow @SLAChicago or #SLAChicago on Twitter for updates and announcements.
Click on the hyperlinked session names below for full details about each of the events. In many cases, the locations of the events are still to be determined. See http://sla2012.sla.org/conference-planner/ for all the SLA 2012 Annual Conference & INFO-EXPO sessions and online planner.
Sunday, July 15th
12n-1:30pm Legal Division Board Meeting
* Annual meeting of the Legal Division Board. All Legal Division Committee Chairs and Legal Division members are welcome to attend. Come to share ideas or just to listen!
8pm-10pm Legal Division Sponsor Appreciation Reception
Monday, July 16th
8am-9:30am Bloomberg Law/Bloomberg BNA Breakfast & Legal Division Business Meeting
* This event is by invitation only. Legal Division members in good standing and special guests will receive an invitation directly from our hosts, Bloomberg Law/Bloomberg BNA.
Platinum sponsor: Bloomberg Law / Bloomberg BNA
10:30am-11:30am 60 Sites in 60 Minutes
Speakers: John DiGilio, Reed Smith LLP & Gayle Lynn-Nelson, LexisNexis
Silver sponsor: Fastcase, Inc.
60 Sites in 60 Minutes with John DiGilio & Gayle Lynn-Nelson – July 16, 2012 | Archived list and slides)
12n-1:30pm The Intelligence Café
* This Competitive Intelligence Division session may be of interest to Legal Division members.
Speakers: Chris Hote, Digimind; August Jackson, Mosi Systems; Karen Rothwell, Outward Insights, LLC; Karen Sutton, GM; Fred Wergeles, Fred Wergeles & Associates LLC.
4pm-5:30pm The Evolving Role of Competitive Intelligence in the Legal Marketplace
* Co-sponsored session with the Competitive Intelligence Division.
Speakers: Zena Applebaum; Nathan Rosen, Morrison & Foerster; Toni Wilson, MarketSmart Research.
Tuesday, July 17th
8am-9:30am SPOTLIGHT SESSION: E – Discovery Preparation Through Information Management and Data Mapping
Speakers: Constance Ard (Legal Division Past Chair) & Miller Montague from Answer Maven Solutions.
Bronze sponsor: ProQuest Dialog
10am-11:30am Tales from the Trenches: Contract Negotiation is Not for the Faint of Heart
* Co-sponsored session with the Leadership & Management Division.
Speakers: Carol Ginsburg, BST America LLC, Bill Noorlander, BST America LLC, Barbara Hirsh, NERA Economic Consulting, Laurie Leichman, McKinsey & Company, Steven Goldstein, Alacra, and Bob Lemmond, Wolters Kluwer.
Sponsored by: ProQuest Dialog
2pm-3:30pm Librarian as Entrepreneur : Contributing to Your Organization’s Bottom Line through Marketing Initiatives
* Co-sponsored session with the Solo Librarians Division.
Speaker: Louis Abramovitz, Wilkinson Barker Knauer LLP
Platinum sponsor: Wolters Kluwer Law & Business
4pm-5:30pm Insurance Research
* Co-sponsored with the Insurance & Employee Benefits Division
Sponsored by: Bernan
7pm-9pm Joint DPHT and Legal Division Networking Mixer
* Co-sponsored with the Division of Pharmaceutical and Health Technology.
Platinum sponsor: Leadership Directories