Awards of NJSLA
Rosemary Allen Little Award / Frank H. Spaulding Award
Each year alternating between the Little and Spaulding Awards, $1000 will be awarded to help defray expenses in attendance to the Annual SLA Conference.
These awards were created to honor two individuals who dedicated themselves to the tenets of special libraries.
Rosemary Allen Little worked at the Firestone Library, Princeton University for 40 years, earning the respect and admiration of both faculty and students. She was President of the Princeton-Trenton chapter of SLA (now merged with the New Jersey chapter) in 1978-79.
Frank Spaulding had a distinguished career at Bell Labs, NJ. He was president of the New Jersey SLA chapter in 1977-78 and President of the Special Libraries Association in 1986-87. He was recognized universally for his outstanding dedication to the library field.
- Resident of New Jersey or employed in New Jersey or attending graduate school in New Jersey
- Employment for no more than 5 years in a traditional or non-traditional information workplace or seeking employment in a traditional or non-traditional information workplace
- Master’s degree in library or information sciences from an ALA accredited graduate school including online enrollment or enrollment in such a program which could be online
Current resume including up-to-date contact information.
Concise paragraph to include the following:
- Why you want to attend the SLA Annual Conference
- How you will apply conference take-aways to membership and subsequent leadership roles in NJSLA
Submission materials are due by July 15, 2021 and sent to Louise Deis: email@example.com
Members of the Awards Committee may contact applicant to obtain further information. Any questions may be sent to the above email address.
- The grantee is expected to join the NJSLA chapter for 2021 and to volunteer for a chapter committee for a minimum of one calendar year
- Receipt of this award is contingent upon the grantee’s submission of proof of registration for the August 2021 Conference
Printed copy of this document