Do you know an SLA Western Canada Chapter member who has made a significant contribution to the information profession? Would you like to acknowledge the work they have done?
SLA WCC established the SLA WCC Outstanding Information Professional Award to recognize and honour members of WCC who contribute significantly to the profession. Any member who has made a contribution worthy of acknowledgement can be nominated for the award. This award recognizes our colleagues who have:
- Mentored new librarians
- Raised the profile of a professional issue
- Contributed to library and information education
- Acted as a role model by volunteering in professional associations
- Conducted research in the information field
- Contributed to professional development through conference papers, articles, or blogs
- Implemented a new technology and shared the information with colleagues
- Developed a community of practice
The award consists of a $500 cash award and a certificate. It is presented to the winner at the SLA WCC Annual General Meeting on November 12, 2019.
To nominate a chapter member, please fill out the OIP 2019 Nomination Form and email the form to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for nominations is Friday, October 25, 2019.