Caldwell University invites applications for a full-time Instruction and Assessment Librarian. Reporting to the Director, Library the Instruction and Assessment Librarian will coordinate the Information Literacy Program, foster student learning and promote information literacy across the curriculum. The Instruction and Assessment Librarian will also use assessment procedures to ensure a consistent and effective Information Literacy Program. Other duties include but not limited to;
- Coordinating the Information Literacy Program by designing, planning, organizing, implementing, and assessing information literacy education and initiatives.
- Providing point of need instruction to students, faculty, and staff and teaching classes as needed in conjunction with a team of librarians.
- Creating and updating library publications, including LibGuides, which foster the development of information literacy skills and competencies.
- Providing vision and leadership on information literacy concepts, trends, pedagogies, and assessment. Actively cultivates new and/or maintains existing partnerships with departments across campus. Serves as liaison to academic departments as assigned.
- Assisting in developing and implementing strategic and operational plans for the Information Literacy Program.
- Designing services to support the curricular, research, and information needs of students and faculty.
- Planning and conducting assessment of evolving user needs and adapting services appropriately.
- Providing in-person and virtual reference services, including in-depth research employing a combination of print and electronic resources to consult/aid/assist students, faculty, and staffs.
Masters degree in Library and/or Information Science from an ALA-accredited institution plus one to three years of effective academic library experience required. Must be available to work one evening shift per week and Saturday on weekend staff rotation. Experience teaching information literacy instructions classes using the ACRL Framework for Information Literacy is expected. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications and Google Suite is also expected. The successful candidate will have knowledge of and enthusiasm for information literacy and the integration of new technologies and digital media into the delivery of information services. Good communication skills and the ability to build effective relationships across all levels of the institution is also expected. Candidates must be willing to support the Catholic Dominican mission of the University.
Applicants must submit a resume, cover letter specifying position, and a list of three professional references including complete contact information.
Caldwell University is a private, Catholic coed four-year university with a strong liberal arts core curriculum that enhances critical thinking and analytical reasoning. Caldwell offers 25 undergraduate and 30 graduate programs, including doctoral, master’s, certificate and certification programs, as well as online and distance learning options that prepare students for today's global marketplace. The university has 15 NCAA Division II athletic teams and numerous clubs, fraternities, sororities and activities on a beautiful 70-acre campus located in the suburbs of Caldwell, New Jersey. Caldwell was founded by the Sisters of Saint Dominic of Caldwell. Its core values of respect, integrity, community and excellence influence academic and campus life. For more information about Caldwell University, visit caldwell.edu.
Caldwell University is an Equal Opportunity employer and is strongly committed to diversity and inclusion within its community.Organization/Corporation
: Caldwell UniversityJob Posting Date
: May 2, 2019Link
: Instruction and Assessment LibrarianSource