Pharmaceutical Information Specialist
Location: Washington D.C. area or New Jersey
This is a long-term full-time contract position with full benefits. Working remotely is a possibility if the candidate is highly experienced.
Key Job Responsibilities
· Provides customized information strategies, solutions, and services for internal clients worldwide to support business decisions in clinical development, business development, safety, regulatory, commercialization, and more. Works with clients to understand their information needs; uses specialized resources to conduct advanced research; evaluates, analyzes, synthesizes, and delivers quality results.
· Monitors product/compound developments and industry trends to provide competitive and business intelligence that supports internal clients with strategic planning and operations.
· Supports user access to online resources (databases, systems, and information department intranet site), including answering questions, troubleshooting, and user instruction.
· Organizes and conducts user training programs by identifying needs, leveraging resources, coordinating internally/with vendors, and measuring effectiveness.
· Related tasks as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Competencies, Education, and Experience
· Master’s degree in Library Science or Library and Information Science
· 5-8 years of corporate information center/library experience in the pharmaceutical, biotech, or medical industries
· Advanced capabilities with specialized pharmaceutical and business information resources such as Dialog, Ovid, Cortellis, Decision Resources, GlobalData, Datamonitor, Citeline products, EvaluatePharma, Factiva, Thomson One, Adis, and EBSCO
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Have initiative and achieve superior results with minimum supervision
· Experience with user training preferred
· Experience with text mining and machine learning/AI tools preferred
Organization/Corporation: Contact Advanced Clinical for more information
Job Posting Date: August 12, 2019
Source: Advanced Clinical