Caldwell University invites applications for a full-time Electronic Resources/Serials Management Librarian. The Librarian will be responsible for serial and electronic resources and collections, participating in reference and instructional services, and functioning as the departmental liaison to faculty and students including but not limited to Business, Science, Math and Communication. Specific job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Being responsible for serials, standing orders, and electronic resources management.
- Providing technical support and troubleshooting for acquisitions, managing and delivering of e-resources; integrating with library discovery systems; collaborating with campus network and website personnel; and managing vendor relations.
- Managing serial & standing order information resources in all formats, including selection, collection development, and processing.
- Supervising student workers assigned to material management.
- Helping shape policy, goals and procedures for serials and electronic resources.
- Developing assessment strategies and conduct ongoing assessment based on usage, usability, overlap and value to inform management decisions and improve library services.
- Developing and collaborating on electronic resource access and integrating projects with consortium and campus technical colleagues.
- Providing reference and instruction and serving as liaison to academic departments as assigned.
- Managing social media accounts for the library.
- Covering one evening shift per week and Saturday on weekend staff rotation.
Master's degree in Library and/or Information Science from an ALA accredited institution is required. Knowledge of Integrated Library Systems, Learning Management Systems, Content Management Systems, FTP, HTML, and electronic resource platforms plus high-level skills using Microsoft Excel, Access or other database management software is also required. Computer knowledge necessary to perform technical support related tasks is also required. Must ability to work evenings and weekends as needed .One to three years of academic library experience with knowledge of a variety of existing and emerging electronic resources is strongly preferred. Experience providing instruction and reference assistance in an academic library is also preferred. The successful candidate will be a dynamic, forward-thinking professional dedicated to proactive, user-centered service with the ability to innovate and thrive amidst rapid organizational and technological change. This person will have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to work effectively with minimal direction both independently and on teams. Candidates must be willing to support the Dominican Catholic, liberal arts mission of the University
Believing that diversity contributes to academic excellence and to rich and rewarding communities, Caldwell University is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body. Candidates from historically under represented groups, whose work furthers our diversity and inclusion efforts, and who bring to campus varied life experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply.
Applicants must submit a resume, cover letter specifying position, and a list of three professional references including complete contact information.
Caldwell University is a private, Catholic coed four-year university with a strong liberal arts core curriculum that enhances critical thinking and analytical reasoning. Caldwell offers 31 undergraduate and 31 graduate programs, including doctoral, master’s, certificate and certification programs, as well as online and distance learning options that prepare students for today’s global marketplace. The university has 15 NCAA Division II athletic teams and numerous clubs, fraternities, sororities and activities on a beautiful 70-acre campus located in the suburbs of Caldwell, New Jersey. Caldwell was founded by the Sisters of Saint Dominic of Caldwell. Its core values of respect, integrity, community and excellence influence academic and campus life.
Caldwell University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is strongly committed to diversity and inclusion within its community.
Organization/Corporation: Caldwell University
Job Posting Date: October 11, 2019
Source: Caldwell University