This is a long-term full-time contract position with full benefits and great potential, providing information services to Otsuka Pharmaceutical, a global firm with 188 companies operating in 28 countries. Working remotely is a possibility if the candidate is highly experienced. Title depends on experience.
This is a great opportunity to join our information team of 8 in the U.S. and 25 globally. Grow your skillset and work on behalf of a dynamic organization pursuing novel solutions for human health!
Please send your resume to Eric Stubbs – firstname.lastname@example.org
Apologies for cross-posting.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Provides customized information strategies, solutions, and services for internal clients worldwide to support business decisions in clinical development, business development, safety, regulatory, commercialization, and more.
- Works with clients to understand their information needs; uses specialized resources to conduct advanced research; evaluates, analyzes, synthesizes, and delivers quality results.
- Monitors product/compound developments and industry trends to provide competitive and business intelligence that supports internal clients with strategic planning and operations.
- Supports user access to online resources (databases, systems, and information department intranet site), including answering questions, troubleshooting, and user instruction.
- Organizes and conducts user training programs by identifying needs, leveraging resources, coordinating internally/with vendors, and measuring effectiveness.
- Related tasks as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Competencies, Education, and Experience
- Master’s degree in Library Science or Library and Information Science
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Learning agility
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- 5-8 years of corporate information center/library experience in the pharmaceutical, biotech, or medical industries
- Advanced capabilities with specialized pharmaceutical and business information resources such as Dialog, Ovid, Cortellis, Decision Resources, GlobalData, Datamonitor, Citeline products, EvaluatePharma, Factiva, Thomson One, Adis, and EBSCO
- Achieve superior results with minimum supervision
- Experience with user training preferred
- Experience with text mining and machine learning/AI tools preferred
- 3-4 years of corporate experience
- Pharmaceutical / healthcare / medical experience preferred.
- Experience with secondary research platforms such as Dialog, Ovid, Factiva, EBSCO, and LexisNexis
: Otsuka America PharmaceuticalJob Posting Date
: January 10, 2020Link
: Email: Eric Stubbs – email@example.comSource
: Direct to Job Blog