Digital Library Specialist
Rutgers, the State University of New Jersey, is seeking a conscientious and results-oriented Digital Library Specialist for a grant-funded position working with the New Jersey Environmental Digital Library (NJEDL) and the University Libraries in a department of the Scholarly Communication and Collections unit. This position reports to the Digital Data Curator. While Library building access is limited, this position works from home except for one day per week on-site in Alexander Library located on the College Avenue campus.
Among the key duties of the position are the following:
• Digitizes print documents and maps, apply appropriate digital image editing, and create metadata for digital resources in the Libraries’ repository cataloging system
• Maintains information in the process management platform.
• Produces regular narrative and quantitative assessments.
• Trains new employees and students on digitization best practices.
• Supervises and coordinates schedules for student employees.
Hours Per Week: 15-19.5 hours per week
Position Salary: $15.00/hr
Terms of Appointment: Temporary Staff Appointment - Hourly
Minimum Education and Experience:
•Requires a Bachelor’s degree in a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
•Requires up to two years relevant experience in an administrative function.
• Students currently enrolled in the Master of Information degree program or a related field. We encourage students to apply who have taken or plan to take courses in metadata, digital libraries, library technology, and project management.
• Knowledge or experience scanning print documents using flatbed scanners or a large format camera scanner, and MODS metadata.
• Supervisory or training experience.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Experience using MS Office applications such as Word and Excel.
• Demonstrated ability to work with MacOS, Adobe Creative Cloud, and Adobe Acrobat.
• Demonstrated ability to produce narrative and data assessments.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills, and computer literacy.
Posting Open Date: 12/18/2020
Posting Close Date: 01/18/2021
Organization: Rutgers University