Leadership openings in the Chemistry Community for 2023
The SLA Chemistry Division invites you to volunteer for our leadership openings for 2023! We have two openings this year, President-elect and Secretary. Step into a defining role and enjoy becoming an integral leader for our community. See details of time commitment and responsibilities below:
Three-year commitment, typically one year as President-Elect, one year as President, and one year Past-President.
During President-Elect Year (unless defined otherwise by the Community’s own guidelines):
● Learns as much as possible about the operation of the Community.
● Assists the Community President with program planning and execution as needed.
● Substitutes for the Community President as needed.
● Recruits Advisory Board members to serve during their presidency, if desired.
● Attends SLA’s Community Forum meetings, and other Association meetings (e.g., Open
Board meetings, Annual Business Meeting, etc.) as possible.
Approximate time commitment per week: 2-10 hours
Secretary (1-year renewable term)
● Records and distributes minutes of the Community's business meetings, including the
annual business meeting.
● Conducts official correspondence and maintains a file of current records as requested by
● Periodically reports to SLA headquarters, e.g., submitting Community expense requests.
● At the end of the Association year, uploads archival material into the Community library
in SLA connect (and transfers it to the Community’s Archivist, if applicable)
Approximate time commitment per month: 5-10 hours
If you know anyone who should be nominated or wish to nominate yourself to be a candidate for election to one of these positions, please email Susan Makar (susan.makar at nist.gov)