- Looking for professional development opportunities?
- Seeking recognition or awareness in the CI profession?
- Interested in learning more about CI to benefit your career?
- Want to meet new people and expand your horizons?
Then join the CI Division – as a member, a volunteer, a leader or a sponsor.
Whatever your goals are, volunteering can help you achieve them. We have roles that require a few hours a month, a few hours a week, or a few days a month if you really want to invest.
In addition to ongoing roles, we always have opportunities to help on site at the conference, to write for the web site, or just to submit suggestions and ideas.
If you are interested in any of the above, contact us. We have something for everyone.
About the Competitive Intelligence Division!
Competitive intelligence (CI) is a vital managerial process and activity that examines the external environment to support strategic AND tactical decision-making. Typically it is not limited to researching competitor companies. Organizations examine their markets, customers, suppliers and so forth. All those aspects contribute to understanding one’s competitive environment. Since comparison is involved, often there is great overlap with Knowledge Management to “know thyself” as well.
Increasingly, library and information science professionals are embracing CI and enhancing their contributions to their organizations. Tap into this exciting community and enhance your professional expertise. Join the CI Division!
What’s the Value of Membership?
Armed with the many advantages of CI Division membership, you will not only remain relevant on the job, but proactively assist with company decision making. You can be a more critical part of business success with outreach initiatives to keep you up to speed on the latest CI developments and activities
Membership also provides many opportunities for professional growth and development, and we are glad to collaborate along the way. That includes continuing educational programs – virtual and site-based, professional support for intelligence efforts, as well as many more resources.
- Free webinars & archived presentations – soon to-be expanded and available to members only
- Conference Recap Programming in case you missed a special event
- Other webinars – information regarding free/reasonably priced CE ops sponsored by other groups
- Web Site – off to a great start; plans include populating with even more helpful links & tips plus Division & Industry News
- SLA- CI Division | LinkedIn Group – 577 members & growing, likely to ultimately include a members-only subdivision…
- Discussion List – soon-to-be enhanced and ultimately available to members only – register soon!
- Other Social Media & Communication – Twitter, SlideShare, Blog, Archived Newsletters, RSS Feeds, etc
- Recognition – grants & awards sample
- Mentors / Mentees – the learning is always mutual …
- Speaking / Presenting / Teaching Prospects – Annual conference, webinars …
- Volunteer Opportunities – variety available, great way to meet people, gain some new skills / experiences, and make a difference!
- Job & Project Postings – under construction
- Vendor alliances – to keep you apprised of products and services that fill your needs
- SLA is an Amazon Affiliate – support SLA while shopping on Amazon.
What IS the CI Division About & Who Joins?
- SLA members established the Competitive Intelligence Division in January 2007 to create a professional community that encompasses all aspects of this dynamic and essential organizational function. This includes planning, identifying intelligence needs, collecting and -analyzing information, and providing strategic and tactical decision-support to management.
- SLA CID now has almost 600 members. We are comprised of information and intelligence professionals from a broad range of industries, organizations, and roles.
Ready to Become a SLA Competitive Intelligence Division Member?
Whether you are new to CI or a seasoned expert, you will find the CI Division’s educational offerings, networking opportunities, and vendor alliances vital for not only personal career relevancy and evolution, but with leveraging of these advantages, a way to contribute to the success of your organization.
- If you are not currently a member of SLA, JOIN NOW.
- If you are a current member of SLA, CLICK HERE to add the CI Division to your existing membership.
Not Yet Convinced or Have Further Questions?