The Metadata Librarian performs original cataloging and advanced copy cataloging in all formats. This position is responsible for regularly updating content in the Library's integrated library system and discovery system. Responsible for the implementation and management of the College's digital repository.
· Performs within national standards, original and advanced copy cataloging of library materials in all formats, including description and subject analysis.
· Manages digital repository for the College and implementations with Divisions and Centers. Collaborates with Library and colleagues across campus to generate and develop ideas for digital library collections.
· Responsible for quality control of the metadata produced in College products and Library resources. Develops an in-house expertise of metadata, and designs and recommends new administrative processes for the maintenance of library information discovery and access tools.
· Manages bibliographic control of catalog and special projects. Participates in the assessment of the collection, inventory and building and maintenance of the Library's subject authority files.
· Serves as resource to all library staff and departments on campus regarding cataloging issues.
· Works collaboratively with library staff on the library's integrated system issues and other search and discovery tools. Maintains a commitment to service and quality with the library, as part of ITSD.
· Assumes additional responsibilities as required.
Student assistants and other access services staff as assigned.
Competencies:• Self-management• Customer service orientation• Communication• Teamwork• Continuous Improvement• Technology• Conceptual thinking• Empowerment• Project Management
Position Knowledge/Skills & Abilities Requirements:
· At least 3-5 years of post MLS library experience.
· Demonstrated competence with cataloging principles and practices using both a bibliographic utility and integrated library systems (ILS).
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Excellent computer proficiency.
· Mastery of current cataloging practices and tools.
· Demonstrated familiarity with digital asset management tools and metadata standards.
· Works independently to solve problems; looks for opportunities to take on responsibility.
· Envisions and proposes new methods to perform tasks that support ET&A; takes thoughtful risks; and accepts new and ongoing initiatives, objectives, and solutions to gain sought-after results.
· Anticipates and effectively handles change; demonstrates willingness to try new skills and challenging tasks; and is flexible in changing conditions.
· Demonstrated ability to learn new programs and technologies where needed.
May require light lifting (50 pounds and under).
Additional Experience, Skills & Abilities:
· Familiarity with other ILS systems processes and descriptive metadata schema pertinent to library content management.
· Familiarity with XML and previous experience working with APIs preferred.
To apply, go to: https://babson.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Staff/job/Babson-Park/Metadata-Librarian_R0009274