This is an in-house position located in Tucson, Arizona. Eligible candidates must be located in Tucson or willing to relocate to Tucson.
The Digital Asset Librarian will manage the workflow of all digital artwork assets for internal/external artists and customers.
In this position, you will organize, streamline, and manage our DAM system Extensis Portfolio, create a clear and understandable file transfer system through Box, and organize communication for all stages of artwork production with internal and external artists.
A successful candidate is extremely organized, a great communicator, a team player, and has an in-depth knowledge of digital asset management procedures such as folder structures and metadata schemas.
- Organize and streamline the overall workflow of digital artwork assets
- Organize the current DAM system: includes creating efficient metadata models, folder structures, file naming conventions, and search schemas
- Define and implement faceted search requirements for the DAM
- Define and organize separate digital catalogs for easy searching
- Work with Art Directors to create clear and comprehensive written art instructions in order to meet necessary deadlines
- Upload and download artwork to and from clients and artists
- Communicate with all clients in need of access to confidential artwork based on the terms of each contract
- Ensure assets are uploaded with proper users and permissions
- Ensure metadata, keywording, cataloging, categorizing, and organization is accurate and consistent to maintain a well-organized archive
- Facilitate team discussions regarding requirements and proposed solutions
- Lead user training for internal employees and freelance artists
- Debug and address day-to-day critical issues reported by users
- Create governance, process, and training documentation for future continuity in managing assets
- Define criteria and requirements for integrations, workflows, and processes across the organization (digital, social, and video)
- Expert knowledge of Extensis Portfolio and Box
- Bachelor's degree in library or computer science, digital arts, or equivalent experience with digital asset management.
- Art skills, knowledge of printing, web development, machine learning, and software engineering all are a major plus!
- At least five (5) years of experience working in DAM management
- Expert technical knowledge of DAM systems, specifically Extensis Portfolio
- Strong verbal and written communicator
- Comfortable writing clear instructions to organize and streamline artwork creation process
- Firm understanding of creative tools (e.g. Adobe Creative Cloud)
- Strong problem solving, organizational, decision-making skills
- Experience as part of a digital transformation team
- In-depth understanding of user management, roles & permissions
- Ability to recommend best practices to manage and govern large scale DAM systems
- Familiarity with information techniques as it relates to auto-tagging of assets
- Understanding of cloud infrastructure
- Ability to communicate findings clearly to both technical and non-technical team members
Lisa Frank is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 - $80,000.00 per year