Librarians must grapple with the real world costs of technological changes: computers are getting faster and more connected, new applications are introduced daily, Artificial Intelligence (AI) is making leaps. It is critical for libraries to show their importance to their institutions and benefits to their customers.
At this inaugural Breakthrough Conference, hosted at the International Monetary Fund in collaboration with The World Bank and the Special Libraries Association Washington DC Chapter, library and information professionals will explore themes about the future of library and information work in an era of rapid technological change and the role of librarianship in our data driven economy.
This one day conference will address questions such as:
- How will librarians break through the challenges posed by rapid technological change and meet new demands?
- What can librarians do to advance the creation, dissemination, and preservation of knowledge in the AI age?
- How should librarians prepare for coming technological and economic changes?
- What strategies for understanding and implementing technological change should be discussed?
- How can librarians use new technologies to show greater return on investment within their institutions?
Come explore these questions with us. We may not have the answers, but with your help, we will break through to the future! Join us at the International Monetary Fund on September 12 to learn with your fellow library and information professionals.