Join the Virginia & Washington DC Chapter of the Special Libraries Association for a family friendly networking event which will meet at the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts (VMFA). This is an opportunity for parents and grandparents who may not normally make our social networking events to have a chance to meet and network with other librarians in the region. All are welcome to attend.
We want to welcome participants to come wearing the color purple (for SLA) or librarian/information professional themed clothing. We will have name tags as well.
The below schedule is intentionally split to better accommodate folks who may only be able to participate for a couple hours earlier or later in the day if necessary. Whatever works best for you and your family is okay.
Location 1: VA Museum of Fine Arts (VMFA)
- 10:50AM: Arrival at VA Museum of Fine Arts (Free admission, $6 parking for nonmembers). Meet at Coat Check for name tag (see Gallery map here).
- 11-11:50AM: Highlights Walk-in Tour. Meet at Welcome Kiosk.
- 12PM: Dutch Treat Lunch at Best Cafe
- 1PM: Open Studio (all ages) at the Art Education Center
Location 2: American Civil War Museum (ACWM) Historic Tredegar
Admission: $15 for adult; $13 Senior, Retired Military; $8 for Youth 6-17; Free for active-duty military and children 5 and under (payable to Museum directly)
Parking: Included with admission. Bring parking ticket to Museum front desk for validation.
- 2PM: Arrival
- 4PM: Optional-- Walk over to Brown's Island (see map below) for exercise before departure
Contact Easter DiGangi (digangie at portsmouthva dot org) with any questions.