On Wednesday, September 14, at 2:00pm, join SLA Southern California for a tour of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences' Margaret Herrick Library
, "a world-renowned, non-circulating reference and research collection devoted to the history and development of the motion picture as an art form and an industry." The tour will be led by Lizzy Youle, Associate Director, Reference and Public Services and Meg de Waal, Librarian, Research and Special Projects, who will lead attendees around the building in conversation with staff members from key library departments such as Graphic Arts, the Photo Archive, Special Collections, Technical Services, the Core Collections, and Conservation.
Please note that the there is a tour limit of 15 individuals. Additionally the Academy requires that ALL tour attendees be checked at the door for vaccination cards and temperature checks, and wear masks. Digital vaccine records or physical vaccine cards are acceptable proof.
If interested, please email David Cappoli at firstname.lastname@example.org
, no later than September 7
- Margaret Herrick Library Tour
- The library is located at 333 S. La Cienega Bl., Beverly Hills
- Wednesday, September 14, 2:00pm; tour length is approximately 1 hour
- All tour attendees will be checked at the door for vaccination cards and temperature checks; masks are required. Please find our Covid policy at this link: https://oscars.org/sites/oscars/files/health_and_safety_policies_mhl.pdf
- More information about the Margaret Herrick Library – https://www.oscars.org/library
- RSVP – email@example.com (by Sep. 7)
- Parking and other information will be sent to tour attendees a few days before the tour
Director of Web Operations
UCLA School of Law