SLA Engineering Librarian of the Year Award
The Engineering Librarian of the Year Award highlights the accomplishments and contributions of SLA Engineering Community members to the engineering librarian and information profession.
For 2021, the award will be in the form of SLA Annual conference registrations paid for 2021 and 2022, plus membership paid for 2022.
(In 2022, when the conference is expected to be in person again, we will revert to the award of conference registration, plus reimbursement of travel, lodging and related expenses up to $1500.)
The winner must be present at the Engineering Community Awards Event at the 2021 virtual conference to accept the award.
Prospective candidates are encouraged to nominate themselves. They may be nominated by a colleague or associate. Deadline for Submission: April 30, 2021.
- Be a member of the SLA Engineering Community in good standing for at least one year at the time of applying for the award.
- Submit a statement, up to 1000 words, outlining distinguished achievements during the past year in the engineering library profession, through:
- Exceptional contributions or accomplishments on the job
- Within the SLA Engineering Community, or,
- Within the industry at large.
- In selected cases, based solely on the Awards Committee’s judgment, recognition may be given for ongoing, long-term contribution(s).
Instructions for submission:
Submit the nomination/application by April 30, 2021. Provide full name, job title, address, telephone numbers, e-mail address, and nomination statement to:
Jay Bhatt, SLA Engineering Awards Committee member, at email@example.com.
You may also address questions about the award to Jay.
Applicants will receive notification on award status within a month of the submission deadline. The award payments will be coordinated by SLA headquarters staff. The award recipient’s name will be posted to the Engineering Community's website. An announcement and introduction of the award recipient will be posted to the Engineering Community website and to SLA Connect.
Past Award Winners
2021: Nabi Hasan
2020: Neraj Chaurasia
2019: Parveen Babbar
2018: Not awarded
2017: Jay Bhatt
2016: Hema Ramachandran
2015: Daureen Nesdill
2014: Penny Sympson
2013: Susan Morley
2012: James Blank
2011: Randy Reichardt
2010: Susan Braun
2008: Jean and John Piety
2007: Sara David
2006: Cheryl Hansen
2005: Joan Dubis
2004: Kathy Nordhaus
2003: Charles Wnger
2002: Marilyn Redmond
2001: Margaret Gross
2000: Patricia Parker
(For earlier awardees, see https://connect.sla.org/engineering/resources/awards/pastwinners