Registration is now open!
Please join SLA's Southern California and San Diego Communities in an interactive day of professional development and online community. This event is free and open to SLA members, all LIS students, and Southern California area information professionals.
"Navigating an Ocean of Uncertainty"
Friday, November 6th, 2020
9 am - 2 pm Pacific Time
Bring a friend, make a friend, and join our community as we navigate these times together.
*And enjoy lunch on us! The first 30 SLA members to register will receive $20 towards a meal-delivery service.
This event will take place on the Remo platform, which is designed to facilitate small group conversation and networking. A link to access the event will be sent to registrants a few days prior to the event date.
A detailed schedule is still being finalized, and will look something like this:
- 8:30 - 9:00 am Social/Tech Time: Arrive early to get set up and familiarize yourself with the platform
- 9:00 - 10:00 am Opening & Current Events: Guided discussion around current events in our society
- 10:00 - 11:00 am Panel Conversation: Gaining skills and finding a job in today's students environment
- 11:00 - 12:00 pm Chat & Chew: A fun lunchtime game time
- 12:00 - 1:00 pm Lightning Talks: Learn about software tools that can make your life easier
- 1:00 - 2:00 pm SLA Conference Recap: A guided discussion about the SLA Annual Conference (thoughts, opinions, closing perspectives)
We hope you'll join us for this exciting event!