If you've ever thought about participating in the Illinois Community's leadership, here's your chance! Serving on the board is a fun and rewarding opportunity to learn, grow, and serve.
The SLA Illinois Community seeks nominations for the following Executive Board positions with terms beginning Jan. 1, 2021. To nominate yourself or another member, please email SLA IL President David Bender by Friday, September 18. Thank you nominees for submitting an up-to-200 word bio, including history in SLA, and a headshot for use on the website and ballot. Here's background to help you understand the opportunities.SLA_Board_Position_Descriptions_2020.pdf
Presidency: Two year elected term (2021-2022)
Secretary/Treasurer: One year elected term (2021)
- President-Elect/VP (2021) Organizes core SLA IL programs and events that support SLA's mission and fiscal sustainability.
- President (2022) Collaborates with the BOD on how to best connect SLA IL membership, SLA, and the general public. Is the face and voice of the SLA IL chapter to the greater SLA organization and general public
- Keep a true account of all Community Board meetings.
- Act as principle liaison with SLA HQ regarding financial matters, reporting, and reimbursement process
Director of External Communications One year appointed term (2021). If there is more than one candidate the Board will decide on who's the best fit.
- Creates, plans, and executes SLA IL's efforts to publicize Community projects, programs, and initiatives; develops Community Website and social media presence.
Strategic Partnerships Chair - One year appointed term (2021). If there is more than one candidate the Board will decide on who's the best fit.
- Coordinates joint programming and seek out partnerships with other special librarian associations in Illinois and the Midwest such as CALL, CAA, the Midwest SLA Communities.
If you have questions about a board member's day-to-day, feel free to reach out to current members for more information.