Food, Agriculture & Environmental Resources (FAER) Division travel grant to attend 2020 SLA annual conference
There is one travel grant for a library/information science student to attend the 2020 SLA annual conference in Charlotte.
The FAER Division will reimburse travel expenses up to $1,500.00 for a library or information science student interested in pursuing a career in the field(s) of food, nutrition, environmental resources or agricultural information.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled in an accredited graduate level library or information science program during the current academic year
- Be interested in pursuing a career in food, nutrition, environmental resources or agricultural information.
- A member of the SLA FAER Division
Deadline for application
April 2, 2020
- Submit a statement of approximately 200-300 words on why you would like to attend the conference and what interests you in the field of food, nutrition, environmental resources and agricultural information. Indicate how you would like to be involved in the FAER Division.
- This statement must be in English.
- Include a signed letter of recommendation from either a faculty advisor or immediate supervisor on company letterhead
- Include a transcript from your library school or other proof of current enrollment or program completion.
- Include a current resume
- The award recipient will be required to write an article for FAER blog reporting on his/her conference experience in general or serving as a reporter for one FAER event/session.
- The recipient shall serve at least one year on a FAER Committee.
- Travel grant will be applied only to the SLA 2020 Annual Conference.
Please return the completed application by April 2, 2020 by email to: Chris Clotworthy (firstname.lastname@example.org
The successful applicant will be notified by April 26, 2020.