Welcome to the Knowledge Management Community!
We are an international community of information and knowledge management professionals who have come together for networking, knowledge sharing, and educational opportunities. You’ll find that we offer programs, communications, and resources that help knowledge management professionals expand their careers and contribute to their organizations’ success.
The KM Division, renamed in 2020 to the KM Community, was formed in 2004 to support the burgeoning number of information professionals specializing in the creation, sharing, and effective use of organizational knowledge. Today, SLA has an international membership of over 450 professionals, located throughout the world. We come from a broad range of industries, organization types, and roles. And, our job titles include:
- Information Specialist
- Chief Knowledge Officer (CKO)
- Director, Knowledge Mobilization / Global Knowledge Exchange / Strategic Knowledge Capabilities
- Business Development Consultant
- Knowledge Management Analyst
Come network, share, and learn with us! Tap into our community’s resources!
- Not yet an SLA member? Find out more and JOIN HERE.
- Already an SLA member, but not yet part of the KM Community? CLICK HERE to add the KM Community to your membership. You will enter your membership data, and choose "Edit My Units", then select KM Community, then save. Welcome!!
Have a question? Contact SLA KM Community President Deb Hunt