The Thomson Reuters Westlaw Award for Outstanding Achievement is designed to recognize a member who has demonstrated active participation in Legal Division activities and programming as well as contributed to the continued success of the SLA Legal Division and the profession within the past year.
The deadline for 2019 nominations is April 26, 2019, and the award will be presented during the Legal Division Annual Business Breakfast at the SLA Annual Conference in Cleveland, Ohio.
Download the 2019 nomination form
- The nominee must:
- be a member in good standing of the SLA Legal Division for at least two (2) years.
- not have received an award presented by the SLA Legal Division for at least five (5) years.
- not be presently serving on the Legal Division Board and must have been off the Board for at least one (1) year.
- have made significant contributions to the SLA Legal Division and/or the profession within the past year.
- Significant contributions include, but are not limited to:
- A special service to the Division.
- A record of sustained service to the Division.
- Innovation and/or creative solutions to improved resources, programs, services, or operations for law library professionals and the clients they serve.
- must show outstanding potential for continued service and leadership within the SLA Legal Division and the profession.