LMD believes strongly in advancing the development of information professionals’ leadership and management abilities regardless of where they are in the world.
LMD understands that funding might be a significant barrier to attend the SLA annual conference for members of our community residing outside of North America. A travel grant of $2000 has been typically offered to provide financial support to attend the Annual Conference.
This grant, designed to reduce the barriers of attending the conference for those living outside of North America, represents a new partnership by the two communities.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a current member of SLA and LMD
- Must be an SLA member living or working in Europe,
- Must have more than five years of experience in the field
- Must not have won the LMD Career Advancement Award nor the SLA Europe Early Careers Conference Award within the last five years
An applicant MUST BE a current member of SLA and LMD. Proof of membership (i.e. membership number) must be included in the application. The Awards Committee reserves the right to disqualify applcants who do not fulfil this requirement. LMD Board Members, and LMD members running for SLA-wide office in the year of nomination are not eligible. The travel grant may not be sufficient to meet all expenses of attending the conference and applicants are advised to plan and budget accordingly.
We ask for a 2-part application in English, and a commitment post conference:
- CV/résumé: Include a copy of your most current CV/résumé with your current postal and email addresses as well as a current telephone number, and SLA membership number.
- A cover letter explaining your objectives for the conference and how you will benefit.
- You will be asked to write an article after the conference to reflect on how these objectives were met.
Please submit your application to the LMD Awards Committee at LMDHonors.SLA@outlook.com .
Only actual eligible expenses up to and not exceeding the grant amount will be reimbursed.
The LMD/SLA Europe award committees also reserve the right to not issue a travel grant award if there are no applicants or unsatisfactory applications, as determined by the Chairs.