The Leadership and Management Division (LMD) offers up to 2 professional development grants to help cover travel expenses for the SLA Leadership Symposium.
LMD believes strongly in advancing the development of information professionals’ leadership and management abilities. The SLA Leadership Symposium is a unique opportunity to build connections with fellow SLA members as well as expand your leadership skills. Check out more details about the symposium on SLA’s website.
LMD is offering 2 grants, each worth up to $1,000, which may be granted to help cover travel expenses and registration to the SLA Leadership Symposium in Washington, D.C., Saturday, January 18 - Monday, 20 January, 2020.
- Applicants must be current members of SLA and LMD
- LMD Board Members and LMD members running for SLA-wide office in the year of nomination are not eligible for nomination
- Preference will be given to a student or new professional for one of these awards.
Please send the following items to LMDHonors.SLA@outlook.com by Monday, 4 November 2019:
- Current resume (with current email, phone number, and SLA membership number)
- Brief statement (2-3 sentences) on why you want to attend the SLA Leadership Summit
- Brief statement (2-3 sentences) on how you will apply what you learn to your current career.
- Brief statement (2-3 sentences) on your interest in applying your leadership within LMD
Video applications that include all of the required statements will also be accepted.
The result will be announced no later than Monday, 19 November, 2019.
- The grantee is expected to participate in the symposium program on Sunday and Monday. Participation in Tuesday’s program is optional.
- The grantee must submit a request for reimbursement to the SLA LMD Treasurer no later than 30 days following the symposium using LMD’s expense reimbursement form (to be supplied by the Treasurer) and all required supporting documentation.
- The grantee will write a blog post on the Leadership Symposium experience to be posted on LMD’s website.
- The grantee is expected to volunteer in some capacity with LMD in the following Association year, with the exact role to be determined in discussion between the LMD Chair and/or Chair-Elect and the award recipient.