Leadership and Management Division

View Only
  • 1.  Potential Professional Development event--Knowledge Management--Input Needed

Posted 06-27-2022 12:08
    Hello SLA Community,

This is Alison Senkevitch again, Professional Development Co-Chair for the Leadership and Management Division, with another request for input.  I'm working with John Antill, Knowledge Management expert, on a potential professional development event.  John is currently serving as a Knowledge Manager at US Army Expeditionary Workforce, and I think he will have a lot of interesting things to share with us.  Knowledge Management, however, seems to be a huge topic and I'd like to narrow it down a bit to see what people are most interested in.  Would any of these subtopics be of interest?

• brain power (how we think as individuals and as groups, and how understanding this can help us be more effective at work 
    • dealing with change
    • "we already tried that" -- how to deal with failure
    • organizational management
    • Something else?
    Please let me know and I'll get working on getting everything lined up.

Alison

------------------------------
      Alison Senkevitch
      alison@senkevitch.es
      ------------------------------

• 2.  RE: Potential Professional Development event--Knowledge Management--Input Needed

Posted 06-27-2022 13:43

Hi Alison,

I would be most interested in the topics of "brain power" and organizational management. Change management has been done; these others sound a little bit different and interesting.

Thanks for the chance to give feedback!

Paula R McCoy

She/Her/Hers

Sr Manager Louisville, Content Operations

ProQuest

Part of Clarivate