Spring is here - at least via the calendar - in North Carolina the weather doesn't feel like spring.
Springtime this year, brings a refreshed LMD website as we migrate from WordPress to the HigherLogic platform. We are making some final tweaks and will be ready to go by the 4/1 deadline that SLA HQ has asked all units to meet. Thanks to our past webmaster, Grace Kim
, our current webmaster, Chrissy Geluk
, and our Communications Chair, Elizabeth Trudell
, for their hard work on this project.
Springtime also brings the award session and LMD has two award applications open right now - Career Advancement Award and Karen J. Switt Leadership Award. Please review Natasha Chowdory's post with more details on the awards and how to apply. The deadline is approaching - 3/31 - please help nominate potential awardees and share throughout your network.
SLA 2019 in Cleveland is approaching soon. Don't forget the early bird registration rate is good through April 1st! Check out the schedule of LMD's programming
- focusing on career opportunities, diversity in the workplace, writing a business case, working in the gig economy and much more. Thank you to our partner, BST America, for their continued support of LMD's programming at the annual conference. The full schedule
can be found on the SLA 2019 conference page.Our next selection in the LMD Virtual Book Club will be Brave, Not Perfect: Fear Less, Fail More and Live Better by Reshma Saujani. We'll hold the virtual discussion on the LMD Facebook page again the week of May 20th and hold a live discussion via webinar on Thursday, May 23 from 12:00 - 1:00 pm ET.If you are looking for short-term, project-based opportunities with LMD, we have the following micro-volunteering options available:
If any of these opportunities, interest you please reach out to me for more details.
- Help with planning a professional development webinar, providing logistics or speaker identification
- Help test our new website
- Help review and revise the LMD governing documents
- Help with the communications committee, perhaps writing a blog post on an article or book you read recently or an initiative that you've just completed in your library
- Help with finding business partners to support LMD awards and webinars
As always, please don't hesitate to reach out with any feedback or concerns.
LMD Chair 2019
Manager, Refining Workflow LLC