2 Internship opportunities at NIH!
1) MedlinePlus is looking for interns
MedlinePlus is looking for two interns to help us with a text message and social media campaign. If you know any students who would be interested, please spread the word: https://vsfs.state.gov/projects/view/2259
This internship is through VSFS (Virtual Student Federal Service). Anyone who would like to apply should use the VSFS vacancy announcement: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/537941900
Applicants will pick projects in the questions portion of the application.
For more information about the application process or VSFS, see: https://vsfs.state.gov/faq. Questions about the MedlinePlus project can be sent directly to me.
2) Designing for the Crowd: Biomedical Innovation Virtual Internship Position Available
Are you a student, looking to improve and show off your social media, writing, and graphic design skills? Through the State Department's Virtual Student Federal Service internship program, students have the opportunity to hone their skills through virtual internships. There is currently an open virtual internship position within CitSciBio, the biomedical citizen science hub. For more about the open CitSciBio position, read on!
The National Institutes of Health (NIH) wants you! Hone and show off your writing and graphic design skills as a part of the NIH open innovation community! Share your writing talent in blog posts and your social media savvy in communicating with the public, all at the largest biomedical research funding agency in the world.
As virtual intern you will assist the working group by:
- Creating designs for the hub, ranging from images for blog posts to infographics about citizen science, as needed
- Producing other digital materials for to be used and shared by the NIH Citizen Science Working Group
- Developing and designing an array of digital communications, including content for newsletters, websites, and social media (@CitSciBio)
- Creating infographics, slides, handout materials, and other content for sharing at scientific meetings and for posting on the web (i.e., citscibio.org) as needed
- Drafting tweets (evergreen and new content) for @CitSciBio (monthly).
- Writing blog entries relevant to biomedical crowdsourcing and citizen science as needed
To apply go to: https://go.usa.gov/xyb2Q and select NIH-USA-3 in your application. Deadline is 7/31
For more about the program and how to apply, please go to https://vsfs.state.gov/about.