Please excuse cross postings. Additional details and application procedures can be found here: https://careers.umich.edu/job_detail/205721/business-reference-librarianSummary
The Stephen M. Ross School of Business at the University of Michigan is a diverse learning community grounded in the principle that business can be an extraordinary vehicle for positive change in today's dynamic global economy. The Ross School of Business mission is to build a better world through business. Through thought and action, members of the Ross community drive change and innovation that improve business and society.About Kresge Library Services
Kresge Library Services is a unit of the Ross School of Business on the Ann Arbor Campus of the University of Michigan. Kresge serves the research and curricular needs of the faculty, students and staff of the Ross School of Business and the business research needs of the broader University of Michigan community, including Ross alumni. Since 2014, Kresge has been an online-only library focused on service. Kresge Library Services has embraced its new role and is a model of what the library of the future will be.Purpose
Kresge Library Services looks for, creative, and service-focused candidates for the position of Business Reference Librarian. The Library is independent of the main University Libraries, receiving our funding from the Ross School of Business. The Library maintains premier academic business library services for the Ross Community, especially in the area of supporting the needs of action-learning teams through our embedded librarian program. This position is one of 9 librarians at Kresge (out of a total staff of 19) and reports to the Library Director.You Will:
The Business Reference Librarian will provide a full range of information support for the Ross Community. Work with faculty and students to determine information needs and to develop resources and services responsive to those needs.
- Provide business reference assistance at public service points and through online platforms (email and chat) as scheduled, subject-specific consultation by appointment, and extended reference support for specialized programs.
- Develop expertise in using business resources to help students and faculty answer their research queries.
- Support the Ross School of Business' Action-Based Learning courses (such as MAP) by serving as an embedded librarian with student teams.
- Participate in collection development for business resources to support the Ross Community.
- Participate in instructional and outreach programs such as individual consultation sessions and classroom instruction.
Benefits at the University of Michigan
- Master's Degree from an ALA-accredited library program and 2 or more years' experience as a librarian in an academic or special library, or equivalent combination of education and related experience
- Knowledge and understanding of business information resources in an academic, special or public library setting
- Provide excellent reference service
- Work with teams of students
- Resolve competing demands in an environment of change
- Record of ongoing professional development and contribution
In addition to a career filled with purpose and opportunity, The University of Michigan offers a comprehensive benefits package to help you stay well, protect yourself and your family and plan for a secure future. Benefits include:
- Generous time off (Vacation, Holidays, Season Days, etc.)
- A retirement plan that provides two-for-one matching contributions with immediate vesting
- Many choices for comprehensive health insurance
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability coverage
- Flexible spending accounts for healthcare and dependent care expenses
- Flexible Work Program
- Ross Onsite Fitness Center
The general salary range for this position is $53,000 - $67,000. Candidates can expect to be paid a competitive and equitable salary. Factors used to determine salary include experience, knowledge and skills for the position. All candidates are encouraged to discuss salary questions to honor alignment and transparency throughout the recruiting process.
Michigan Ross values a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are committed to the development of diverse and culturally intelligent staff who thrive and contribute to a positive and inclusive environment.
The statements included in this description are intended to reflect the general nature and level of work assigned to this classification and should not be interpreted as all-inclusive.Underfill Statement
This position may be under filled at a lower classification depending on the qualification of the selected candidate.Application Deadline
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven days. The job may be removed from posting boards and filled any time after the minimum posting period has ended.
Job Posting Details: https://careers.umich.edu/job_detail/205721/business-reference-librarian
[Business Reference Librarian]
[Kresge Library, University of Michigan]
[Ann Arbor] [MI]