Please schedule a time to chat on my calendar at https://calendly.com/annenb.
If you have a Microsoft account, please use this link to reach out with questions in the chat: https://teams.live.com/l/invite/FBAmWMYgIlha7I9gAE. I’ll answer them when I’m online, or you can use the link to join me in a video session, if I’m available.
After the conference, I’ll also be available regularly for drop-in “office hours” in my Teams channel at: https://teams.live.com/meet/93469521873399 (no account needed to join). My planned schedule is (Pacific time):
• 8-9am Mondays (except September 6th, U.S. Labor Day)
• Noon-2:00 Tuesday, Thursday, Friday
• 4-5pm Wednesdays
I have been a member of SLA since 2001, becoming an active member while still an LIS student by joining the Student and Academic Relations Committee in 2002, the same year I attended my first SLA annual conference. Whether serving at the chapter, division, or association level, I have been actively, and continuously, involved in a volunteer and leadership capacity within SLA ever since. I am a member of the San Francisco Bay Area; Leadership & Management Development; Legal; Government Information; Biomedical & Life Sciences; Pharmaceutical & Health Technology; and Data Communities.
As President of the San Francisco Bay Region (SFBR) Chapter in 2013, I drafted and presented a Motion to the Joint Cabinet related to the lack of transparency in the practice and procedures by which the SLA Board disseminated information to the unit leadership. I wrote the Motion, obtained feedback and approval from the rest of the Chapter Board, personally emailed all unit Presidents and Chairs, and spent the weekends leading up to the annual conference calling as many of them as possible in order to answer questions and ask for their support. In the end, the Motion was passed unanimously by the Joint Cabinet.
In 2015, when the Consultants’ Recommendations Report was released, I met with the SFBR Chapter’s then current Presidential leadership, along with several past Chapter Presidents, to jointly review the proposal in detail. I then spent over 40 hours drafting the official Chapter response to the Report, working on a tight timeline in order to submit it to the SLA Board and member community before that year’s Annual Conference.
In addition to my leadership roles within SLA, I also volunteer with a wildlife rehabilitation hospital, and served for 15 years as a shift supervisor on Sunday mornings, building and managing a team of 10+ volunteers ranging in age from 14- to 60-years old.
I currently live in San Rafael, California with my husband Steve and our five cats: Fergus, Jonas, Gemma, and our quarantine kittens, Lilith and Astrid.
- Member, Governance & Strategy Committee’s Subcommittee on Openness and Transparency (2020-2021)
- Member, Leadership Advisory Council, SLA (2020-2021 or 22)
- Member, Finance Committee, SLA (2020-2022)
- Treasurer, Leadership & Management Development Community (2017-2019; 2020-2022)
- Co-Founder and Vice President, Feline Friendly CatChat Community (2020-2021)
- Convener, Annual SLA Cider Meetup (2019 Cleveland; 2018 Baltimore; 2017 Phoenix)
- Member, Annual Conference Advisory Council, 2019 Cleveland (2018-2019)
- Member, Annual Conference Advisory Council, 2018 Baltimore (2017-2018)
- Lead Planner, Western States Chapters Reception, Philadelphia Annual Conference (2016)
- Chair, Awards Committee, San Francisco Bay Region Chapter (2016)
- Chair, Nominating Committee, SLA, 2016 Election (2015-2016)
- Member, Nominating Committee, SLA, 2015 Election (2014-2015)
- Chair, Academic Relations Committee, San Francisco Bay Region Chapter (2015)
- Member, Membership Committee, SLA (2015)
- President-Elect, President, Past President, San Francisco Bay Region Chapter (2012-2014)
- Chair, Membership, Government Information Division (2011)
- Chair, Public Policy Advisory Council, SLA (2011)
- Member, Public Policy Advisory Council, SLA (2009-2010)
- Secretary, San Francisco Bay Region Chapter (2009-2010)
- Chair, Government Relations Committee, San Francisco Bay Region Chapter (2006-2012)
- Member, Academic Relations Committee, San Francisco Bay Region Chapter (2003-2005)
- Member, Student and Academic Relations Committee, SLA (2002-2003)