"Sharon Lenius Shares Wisdom: A Discussion with DC & Military Libraries SLA"
Date and Time:
Wed, July 22, 2020
12:00 PM – 12:30 PM EDT
Join the Military Libraries and DC SLA Communities for a learning session from SLA stalwart Sharon Lenius, who is one of two recent recipients of SLA's John Cotton Dana award. The award recognizes a lifetime of achievement as well as exceptional service to SLA and the library and information profession. Sharon is a retired federal and military librarian who served as digital resources librarian for the Headquarters, Joint Staff, National Guard Bureau and as director of the Technical Reference Library of the Reserve Component Automation System.
This discussion is a chance to gain professional wisdom from Sharon that she has gathered from her distinguished career. It will be a short presentation followed by a period of Q&A, so please do come with questions.
After the announcement of the award, fellow SLA members had this to say about Sharon:
- "Sharon's passion for libraries and fostering the best in her fellow information professionals is evident in everything she does and I cannot think of a more deserving recipient for this honor." ~ Richard Huffine
- "Sharon always is looking for ways to promote libraries. Congrats!" ~ Marianne Giltrud
- "Sharon so deserves this - she is the personification of a truly giving person." ~ Catherine Kitchell
- "Sharon defines the award. Well deserved recognition!" ~ Lea Wade
- "Congrats to Sharon; that is fantastic news!"~ Bruce Rosenstein
Find a recent interview with Sharon on the Military Libraries Community page here. It is towards the bottom of the page.
Travis Ferrell, MA, MLIS
Military Libraries Division Past Chair