Library Technician - Darnall Medical Library, Walter Reed National Military Medical Center - Open from 02/21/2020 to 03/10/2020
The Darnall Medical Library, Walter Reed National Military Medical Center (WRNMMC) will be hiring a Library Technician. Starting salary is $48,670.
Located in Bethesda, MD, we are easily accessible via metro and bus, across the street from the Medical Center stop on the metro's red line https://www.wmata.com/ The successful candidate will have a "can do" attitude regarding customer service and collaborating with fellow library staff and customers. They will tenaciously work to troubleshoot and resolve IT and serial access issues, and track down the information our customers need. If this sounds like you, please consider joining us. The application will be open from 02/21/2020 to 03/10/2020. The application period reflects our desire to hire talented people quickly.
Staffing the library circulation desk, and acting as backup to interlibrary loan services.
Responding to standard queries and document delivery requests.
Assisting customers in using library resources and equipment;
Explaining library services and policies.
Working with an integrated library system (ILS): searching and editing records, creating patron accounts, checking items in and out.
An HR specialist - not a librarian - will be the first person to evaluate your resume. The library only receives a list of candidates the HR specialist forwards to us for consideration. For best results, follow the application tips below.
1. Complete the online resume form provided in USAJOBS. You can send your existing resume or CV as supplemental material, but fill out the online resume form. Be sure to send all required documents.
2. Do not approach the online resume as a CV. The HR specialist only considers the job duties you list under your job titles to determine if you meet the qualifications of the position. The specialist does not look at other sections such as publications, continued training, classes taught, or committee memberships to evaluate your qualifications.
3. Let your official position description be your guide to writing your job duties. Be explicit. Tell what you do in as much detail as possible. Do not assume the HR specialist will know.
4. Use the verbiage from the job announcement in your resume. The HR specialist does not know synonyms from our field or other ways of expressing concepts.
5. Under the "Qualifications" heading, you will see a section on "Specialized Experienced." Your job duties MUST address this specialized experience. If your job duties do not reflect the ALL of the specialized experience, the HR specialist will judge you unqualified.
Thank you for helping spread the word to others who may be interested.
Ann M Holman, MLSDirector, Darnall Medical LibraryBldg 1 Rm 3458Walter Reed National Military Medical CenterBethesda MD