Colleagues, Registration Open Now! Check your calendar and sign up now. Much more into will be forthcoming...program/agenda times and dates. This Training Summit is designed for library staffs in many time zones so be sure to check carefully. I think the panels of various librarians, i.e., Academic, Medical, MWR, Sci/Tech/Labs were high points of the MLTW 2021 virtual Workshop and these will be repeated.
Registration is open for the 2023 Military Libraries Virtual Training Summit
Register today at https://forms.office.com/r/cXVz6Sn9v5 for the 2023 Military Libraries Virtual Training Summit, presented by the Army Library Program and the Military Libraries Community of the Special Libraries Association!
Library leaders from across the Department of Defense and the Special Libraries Association have teamed up to create an exciting programming and event agenda focusing on the theme "Libraries at an Inflection Point: Transforming Services for Tomorrow's Military.
The dates of the Summit are 11 September 2023 (pre-summit IT workshops and IT trouble-shooting); 12-15 September 2023 (seminars, panels, workshops, etc.)
The event will be delivered online via Microsoft Teams.
The Summit is free and open to all library (and other) personnel at all levels. The program agenda will reflect the inclusive, global nature of the DOD, with content offered at varying times (day and evening in U.S.) to accommodate all time zones and regions.
So what's included?
Expect relevant and intellectually stimulating information and discussion in featured events with:
· New York Times bestselling author Jim DeFelice discusses working with participants and capturing their first-hand accounts with subjects such as "American Sniper" Chris Kyle.
· Author and Journalist Tanya Biank addresses the impact of military libraries on families.
· American Military Historian Dr. John C. McManus covers topics such as the use of primary historical resources and reducing bias in presentation.
· New York Times Bestselling Author Jerome Preisler articulates why libraries matter, both in a general sense and how libraries support his work as an author of bestselling fiction and non-fiction.
· And presentations that include topics as varied as the Future of Libraries; Community Engagement; Value & Return on Investment; and Diversity, Equity & Inclusion; User Experience and Technology Trends.
· The full schedule is coming soon and will be posted on the event page here: https://connect.sla.org/military/happenings/mlvts-20237
· Register today at https://forms.office.com/r/cXVz6Sn9v5 so that you can be part of this exciting event and receive the most current information about what the 2023 Military Libraries Virtual Training Summit will offer you.
· With regards,
· Ann Langlois
· Training & Community Outreach Librarian
· Army Europe Libraries
· IMCOM-Europe G9