Colleagues, Here's a job that might interest those who want to provide info to "the public." It's a GS 13! Lots of folks are eligible. Read below.
DTIC Job Opportunity: Open to all Federal Employees & US Citizens: Librarian, GS-1410-13- DTIC-CQ
- A two year probationary or trial period is required IF you never worked for the federal government.
- This national security position, which require access to classified information, requires a favorable suitability review and security clearance as a condition of employment. Failure to maintain security eligibility may result in termination.
The subject position is open to all Federal Career/Career-Conditional employees, Reinstatement eligible, Veterans Employment Opportunities Act (VEOA), Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) and eligible DoD PPP Military Spouses via USA Jobs at https://www.usajobs.gov/job/689400400
- Serves as a senior staff advisor and SME related to the collection of Public Access Scientific and Technical Information (STI).
- Provides expert input regarding the development and implementation of procedures for the collection, processing, storage, and dissemination of STI journal articles.
- Develops recommendations on how to make journal articles and conference proceedings available in accordance with regulation and copyright. [https://discover.dtic.mil/pubdefense/]
- Ensures that appropriate document markings and citation information is in place to enhance information retrieval and access control. Develops processes to collect, process, and store STI materials that are created utilizing new technologies.
- [In support of anticipated requirements from the recently published White House Office of Science and Technology Policy (OSTP) memo "Ensuring Free, Immediate, and Equitable Access to Federally Funded Research"]
This announcement opened 16 November and close Wednesday, 30 November 2022. For questions, please contact theail listed on the announcement.
[Federal Librarian - Retired]email@example.com
'Tolle Lege!' ('Take up and read')