SLA NY welcomes applications from current and prospective community members for two Agnes Mattis Conference Awards for registration to attend the SLA 2021 Conference
, which will be held virtually August 4-13, 2021. All applications should submitted through this brief application form
Who Should Apply
Current or potential members of SLA NY. Students and new professionals are encouraged to apply!
How to Apply
Submit the brief application form and email your current resume to email@example.com using the subject line SLA NY 2021 CONFERENCE AWARD.
- Be a current member (or willing to become a member) of the NY Community of SLA before accepting the award (Access Membership here)
- Register for and attend the 2021 SLA Conference.
- Write a short post about the conference experience for SLA Connect or give a short presentation during SLA NY's (virtual) annual business meeting.
David A. Frank
Congratulations to our 2020 Award Winners:
is a corporate research librarian and knowledge management specialist, currently looking for opportunities based in New York City or working remotely. He has over nine years of business research and KM experience, principally gained at KPMG LLP, as well as an ALA-accredited MLIS from Long Island University's Palmer School of Library and Information Science.
His key skills include:
Connect with David on LinkedIn
- Driving change management initiatives through redesigning the SharePoint portal by creating web pages and document libraries to better reflect user workflows.
- Improving findability and usability by tagging content, managing web parts, and updating user permissions.
- Cataloguing new acquisitions and digital documents with industry taxonomy for the firm’s library collection to keep sources updated.