The Dana Gordon Special Librarian of the Year Award was created by the SLA-NY Executive Board in 2012 to honor the memory of Dana Gordon (1961-2012). The award recognizes a professional librarian for outstanding achievement and accomplishments reflecting the shared purpose and goals of the library profession. The awardee is dedicated to projects and programs that enhance library service and strengthen the role and position of the library for their community, college or university, school, company, or corporation.
Dana was a long-standing SLA-NY and SLA News Division member. A consummate professional, she was well known for her expertise, creative talent, and enterprising spirit. Dana’s professionalism was rivaled only by her tremendous enthusiasm for the profession and her generosity in sharing her great store of knowledge with colleagues, staff and students. Dana spent 13 years at Newsweek and rose to the position of Deputy Director of its Library Research Systems. Subsequently she was the Research Editor for Crain’s, and also worked as a consultant for BST America.
We mourn the passing of Dana and honor her dedication to enthusiastically bringing her brand of innovation and forward thinking to the profession. This award truly celebrates Dana’s sense of innovation by allowing for a broad range of nominees each year.
- Information professionals who have shown exceptional leadership and creativity throughout their career or produced innovative services or groundbreaking work in the past year
- Someone who has positively impacted our profession or you in your career
- Must be a SLA member
How To Submit a Nomination
The SLA-NY Award Committee is now accepting nominations for the 2022 Dana Gordon Award
. Nominations should be submitted through the online submission form
The form requires:
Nomination deadline is Friday June 24.
- a brief bio of the nominee
- contact information (email and/or phone number)
- paragraph outlining why they should be considered
- any relevant supplementary material such as a website or LinkedIn profile.
Awards will be presented at SLA-NY's Annual Business Meeting.