Position: Legal /Electronic Resources Manager
Location: New York City
Our client is a premier international law firm with market-leading practices, a global perspective and strong New York roots. Their clients look to this firm to bring a distinctively high degree of quality, intensity and creativity to resolve legal challenges effectively and cost efficiently.
The firm seeks an innovative and forward-thinking manager for the Electronic Resources Department who is responsible for the supervision of the Electronic Resources staff, implementation of policies and procedures for all aspects of Electronic Resources, implementation of new technology solutions, and oversees the library's integrated library system, EOSi.
Duties & Responsibilities
Integrated Library System:
· Develops and implements all policies and procedures relating to the firm's integrated library system, and maintains the integrity of the database
· Oversees original cataloging and classification of library materials in firm wide integrated library system, EOSi, coordinating with branch office libraries and outside cataloging service.
· Implements all additions, changes, and upgrades to the functionality of EOSi
· Works with the Director and Electronic Resources Analyst to produce the annual budget for all subscriptions and publications
· Oversees the maintenance of the library's accounting database by the Electronic Resources Analyst
· Negotiates with vendors for new subscriptions and renewals
· Works with Library Director to plan and implement special projects related to Electronic Resources including custom developments for EOS.Web and other systems
· Educates attorneys and staff on use of new resources and technology including eBooks and ResearchHub, a mobile version of TRG's Research Monitor
· Conducts custom, one-on-one training for attorneys on an as needed basis
· Trains the Electronic Resources staff and library staff in other offices in use of all library systems and procedures
· Works with Information Services Dept. and vendors to troubleshoot technical issues related to the integrated library system and online subscriptions
· Coordinates with the Research Manager on collection development and generates reports for practice groups of materials relevant to their practice
· Recommends new information sources
· Oversees the continued transition from print to digital resources.
· Supervises electronic resources staff in their day to day responsibilities in acquisitions, distribution, circulation, and interlibrary loan functions
· Compiles statistics and produces reports on Electronic Resources operations including acquisitions, cataloging, circulation, and usage of the online catalog
· Monitors the library's physical plant
· Keeps abreast of new developments in library science and especially in the field of library technical services through participation in professional development activities
· M.L.S. from an ALA accredited program
· Minimum of 5 to 10 years of experience in a law firm library with progressive increase in management responsibilities
· Thorough knowledge of electronic and print resources employed by global law firms
· Experience managing an integrated library system
· Ability to effectively present information verbally and in writing
· Ability to identify complex problems, make determinations and implement effective solutions
For consideration, please email, resume, cover letter and three professional references to:email@example.com Angela Dzikowski, Pro Libra Associates 800-262-0070
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer who fully and actively supports equal access for all people regardless of Race, Color, Religion, Gender, Age, National Origin, Veteran Status, Disability, Genetic Information or Testing, Family and Medical Leave, Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity or Expression.
Angela Dzikowski, VP, CPC
Pro Libra Associates
436 Springfield Ave
Summit NJ 07901