The New York Chapter of the Special Libraries Association welcomes applications from current and prospective chapter members for scholarships to attend the SLA 2019 Conference
, to be held June 13-18 in Cleveland, Ohio. Two awards will be granted, one for an MLS/MLIS/MI student, the other for an SLA member at large. Each will be for $1500, to be used for conference registration, travel, or other expenses associated with conference attendance.
Who Should Apply
Current or potential members of the NY Chapter of SLA. Students and new professionals are encouraged to apply!
How to Apply
Submit the brief application form
and email your current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
using the subject line SLA NY 2019 TRAVEL AWARD
by March 4, 2019
- Be a current member of the NY Chapter of SLA before accepting the award (Access Membership here)
- Register for and attend the 2019 SLA Conference, held June 13-18 in Cleveland, OH and attend the East Coast Chapter Reception
- Serve as a representative at the NY Chapter kiosk on Main Street SLA during the 2019 SLA Conference
- Attend a NY Chapter board meeting to share conference experiences (this is a casual and low-stress opportunity to meet the board and strengthen your involvement in SLA!) Meetings take place monthly in the evening (usually Tuesday or Wednesday.)
- Accept a volunteer position on the SLA-NY Awards Committee (this position requires working with the Awards Committee to select winners for the chapter awards and will require approximately 10 hours of time during the late summer timeframe. This can be done remotely!)
Applicants will be notified of award status and funds will be disbursed no later than March 25, 2019
in order to take advantage of Early Bird Registration, which ends on April 1, 2019.
Don't forget to email your resume to email@example.com!