The Board of the New York Chapter of the Special Libraries Association (SLA NY) is pleased to offer the Ellis Mount Scholarship to SLA Members enrolled in any New York or New Jersey Library or Information School.
Application period: TBD
Required items: application form, unofficial transcripts, resume, and to answer 3 short essays.
These three short essays should be not more than a paragraph. Applicants have the choice to answer the following questions.
Please review the rules below regarding the scholarship:
- What has inspired you to go into subject librarianship? The subject itself?
- Why do you consider yourself a “librarian”?
- Where/what would be your dream library/place to work? Why?
- Who is your mentor? Tell us about someone who motivates, teaches, or inspires you in this field.
- If you could be the personal librarian of one individual, living or dead, who would it be and why?
- What is one piece of advice you would give to an incoming library science student?
Description of the Scholarship Award:
Scholarship awards are available to SLA NY Chapter members who are enrolled in any NJ/NY library or information schoolApplication Period:
TBD -- No applications will be accepted past the stated deadline.Guidelines:
Applicants must be a member of the SLA NY Chapter. (Not a member? Join here (http://www.sla.org/access-membership/join-sla/). Student Membership is only $40)Applicants must submit the following:
Conditions of Being Granted a Scholarship Award:
- Application form
- Unofficial transcripts from graduate school
- Three short essays listed in the application form
- The completed award application form and corresponding documentation is to be submitted online to email@example.com.
Announcement of Scholarship Award Winners:
- All submission requests will be reviewed by the Scholarship Awards Committee of the New York Chapter of SLA.
- Award recipient will provide proof of completion of the course to the Scholarship Awards Chair of the New York Chapter of SLA.
- Award recipient will provide an article about the course taken and the benefits gained from taking the course to the Scholarship Awards Chair for review by the Board of the New York Chapter within one month after the course has concluded. The article may be included in Chapter publications or presented at a Chapter meeting.
Award recipient will be announced and the scholarship awarded at the 2019 SLA NY Annual Meeting (date TBD). Award winners are required to attend the Annual Meeting.
The SLA NY Chapter retains the right to use the name and/or any photograph images taken at the Awards presentation to promote and publicize this scholarship program and/or Chapter activities.
Email all materials and questions to firstname.lastname@example.org