The Chapter does NOT have any specific awards at the chapter-level, but here is the information on the Awards and Honors available at the association-level.
The SLA Awards and Honors Committee is made up of five members, including the two most recent Past Presidents (each serving as Chair of the Committee in his/her second year), the President-Elect, and two members of the Board who are serving in the third year of their term. The Past Presidents serve two-year terms and the President-Elect and third year board members serve one-year year terms.
The Committee shall:
- Recommend to the Board of Directors a program for Association-wide awards & honors;
- review and recommend to the Conference Committee changes to the recognition ceremony and the promotion of the awards and the recipients;
- elect according to the criteria stated for each award and report to the Board of Directors the recipients of the association awards;
- report to the Board of Directors the recipients of Association-wide awards or honors selected by other Association committees;
- coordinate those activities of any Association committee relating to SLA’s association-wide awards & honors program, and;
- recommend to the Board of Directors the recipients of honorary membership in SLA.
The Communications and Marketing Manager is an ex-officio member of the Committee and the Association Office contact.
Charge last revised June 2009 (Board Document EM0609-A02).
SLA Awards and Honors Program
Innovations In Technology Award (On hiatus as of 2010)
Three members appointed for overlapping terms of two years each, with the Chair having served as a member of the Committee the previous year.
The Committee shall:
- Select and report the recipient(s) of the Innovations In Technology Award to the Awards & Honors Committee, and
- Coordinate its activities to promote the Award, solicit Award nominations, and select Award recipients with the Awards & Honors Committee. (Association Office contact is the Communications and Marketing Manager) Definition adopted June 1998 — Board Document A98-68.