2017 – 2019 New Member Recruitment Campaign
Current members of the SLA Philadelphia Chapter are encouraged to recruit co-workers, business associates or fellow Information Professionals who could benefit from becoming a member of SLA and the Philadelphia Chapter, in order to rebuild the Philadelphia Chapter.
The Philadelphia Chapter is now 50% the size it was five years ago.
The steep decrease in Chapter membership during 2016 and 2017 follows a steady decline in total membership from 272 in January 2012 to 136 in November 2017.
Attract new members and increase the Philadelphia Chapter’s membership level to at least 200 members by December 31, 2019, as we celebrate our chapter’s 100th Anniversary in 2019. This would require a net gain of 64 members over the period December 2017 to December 2019.
- An interim goal of reaching 175 members by December 31, 2018 would require a net gain of 39 members by the end of 2018.
- During our 100th year, our goal is to achieve a net gain of 25 members by the end of 2019.
Chapter members who recruit new SLA members will be recognized and rewarded for their successful efforts:
- The Chapter Member who recruits the most (at least 2) new SLA members for the Philadelphia Chapter during the Recruitment periods as stated below will receive an Award and will be recognized at the next Annual Awards Dinner as the Chapter’s Top Recruiter.
- 12/1/2017 thru 12/31/2018 – Recognized at the Annual Awards Dinner (May 2019)
- 1/1/2019 thru 12/31/2019 – Recognized at the Annual Awards Dinner (May 2020)
Top Recruiter may choose one of the following Award options with a maximum value of $50:
- $50 Gift Card
- Voucher for registration fee for Annual Awards Dinner at which they are recognized
- Voucher to attend one of the three Social Events in the year they are recognized
- Each Member who recruits at least one new SLA member for the Philadelphia Chapter during 2017 through 2019 will receive a Member Appreciation Certificate at the next Annual Awards Dinner.
- Each Member who recruits at least one new SLA member will be eligible for a random drawing of a $25 Gift Card. Drawings will be done in early January 2019 for the 12/1/2017 – 12/31/2018 pool and in early January 2020 for the 2019 pool.
- Each member who engages in recruitment activities, whether resulting in a new member or not, may record and report the amount of time spent in recruiting members throughout the year via an online Recruitment Tracking form. One ticket for each hour spent recruiting by a member will be entered into a random drawing for a $25 Gift Card on an annual basis. Drawings will be done in early January 2019 for the 12/1/2017 – 12/31/2018 pool and in early January 2020 for the 2019 pool.
- Each member who engages in recruitment activities will be encouraged to document the name and affiliation of their candidates in the above-mentioned online Recruitment Tracking form to avoid too many members recruiting the same person.
The Chapter’s recruitment campaign will dovetail with SLA recruitment campaigns, whenever possible.
- Members who recruit new members for the Philadelphia Chapter will be eligible for any of the Recruitment programs sponsored by SLA as long as they comply with the requirements of those programs, including the new member acknowledging their role in recruitment as a Referral.
- Chapter recognition awards will depend upon the SLA Referral process to document the Chapter member’s recruitment efforts and success.
- All Chapter members (Full, Student, Retired and Unemployed/In Transition) are encouraged to participate.
- To be eligible for monetary rewards and recognition a member must be a current member in good standing of the SLA Philadelphia Chapter as of the date of the chapter event at which they are recognized.
- New Members may be recruited for any membership category: Full, Student, Retired, Unemployed/In Transition, or Organizational.
Terms and Conditions:
- A new member is someone who never had a membership with SLA or who has not renewed their membership for at least 2 years.
- A new member must join SLA by December 31st to be counted in that year’s recruitment count for their sponsor.
- In the event that two members are recruiting the same individual, credit will be given to the member who is noted as the Referring member on the new member’s SLA Membership Application form.
- The winners will be notified by email, and announced via the chapter SLA Connect community and social media channels. They will be recognized at the next Annual Awards Dinner. All winners will be posted on the Membership webpage of the SLA Philadelphia Chapter Website.
- In the event of a tie for the Top Recruiter prize, the winner will be the Member who first recruited the most new members. The Membership Committee will verify the date of joining for new members as recorded by SLA Member Engagement team.
- The campaign ends on December 31, 2019.
Please contact any member of the Membership Committee if you have questions about this Member Recruitment campaign:
Valerie Ryder, Chair
Sabina Tannenbaum, Director for Membership
Elizabeth Fite, Membership Committee member
New Members: Have you heard about the "New Member Voucher Program"?
New Member Voucher Program
New members are awarded vouchers to attend one of the big three social events (Spring Networking Event, Fall Networking Event or Annual Holiday Fundraiser) and one other programmed event; excluding full or half day workshops.
Our goal is to welcome new members and help them get more acquainted with the chapter.
Terms and Condition:
Only new members starting January 1, 2012 are eligible for a voucher.
A new member is someone who never had a membership with SLA Philadelphia Chapter or who has not renewed their membership in two years or longer.
Voucher expires 12 months after issued.
Vouchers are not transferable to another individual.
Only Full members are eligible to participate.
More information about this program, please contact Membership Chair, Valerie Ryder.