Hello PHT colleagues,
I've reposted this position so if you are interested, please apply or share this post! Associate Director, Information Scientist, Library & Information Services
**Based in Foster City CA, Morris Plains NJ, or Remote
The Associate Director, L&IS, is responsible for leading and cultivating partnerships across the organization to optimize collaboration for information exchange, curation, and analysis across Gilead Therapeutic Areas.
Routine responsibilities will include:
- Integrating, enriching, analyzing, visualizing internal and external data through the application of semantic technologies, Natural Language Processing (NLP), Machine Learning (ML) or Artificial Intelligence (AI).
- Leading the execution of advanced technical searches by identifying, analyzing, synthesizing, and delivering publishing literature and data to Medical Affairs, R&D, Clinical, Corporate Strategy or Commercial functions
- Demonstrating and applying subject matter expertise in products, diseases, or competitor knowledge for assigned therapeutic area(s) (TAs) or functional group
- Serving as mentor to other L&IS team members to enhance their online searching skills
- Developing strategic priorities and tactics to support departmental initiatives, client engagement, and outreach
- Cultivating partnerships across organization in the identification of information needs and discovering potential synergies
- Assessing and aligning corporate external content offerings
- Leading the development or update of L&IS-specific Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Managing content suppliers
- Conducting specialized training related to L&IS resources
- Managing employees or contingent workers
- Regional roles may cover multiple TAs and manage content suppliers for local language regions
Knowledge & Skills
- Expert-level knowledge of licensed databases and systems is required such as Cortellis CI, Pharmaprojects, Cortellis DDI, Embase, Medline, BizInt, I2E
- Comprehensive knowledge of therapeutic areas in which Gilead is operating
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated success in developing and maintaining good working relationships with internal departments and external contacts
- Strong attention to detail, excellent project management and problem-solving skills
- Able to work under limited direction
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Must be both a generalist online searcher with excellent skills in searching diverse subject areas including medicine, biology, basic chemistry, and business as well as specialized expertise for the therapeutic areas, departments or functions supported.
Education and Experience
- 10+ years with BA/BS
- 8+ years with MA/MS
- Advanced scientific degree (MLS, MLIS, MS, Pharmacy, Ph.D.)
- Experience in the pharmaceutical, healthcare, or information management industry required.
Gilead Sciences, Inc.