Registration is open for the SLA-SCC Leadership Retreat on 2/8! Details below, and on the chapter website: connect.sla.org/socal/home Use code SLA-SCC to register via EventBrite: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/sla-scc-leadership-retreat-tickets-91064916617
Please note the location has changed since the Save the Date went out - it will be held at FIDM's Library, 919 S. Grand Ave, LA, CA, 90015 (Many thanks to Robin Dodge for the meeting space!).
In addition to Leadership Training exercises from the SLA Leadership Symposium, we'll also go over the SLA Restructuring Plan (view it and FAQ HERE), promised and proposed adjustments to it, and share input/insight on how it really impacts us as a local chapter; the draft agenda is below, and more details will be added soon. I really hope you'll join the discussion!
This event will be followed by a meeting of the chapter Board, which is open to all. The plan is to apply the member input and discussions from the Retreat to inform decisions the Board needs to make tor 2020 planning. Please stick around for this if you can.One last thing - in case you haven't already, please make sure to respond to the 2020 Chapter Events Survey which went out last week: www.surveymonkey.com/r/VTFM6X3 your response will enter you into a raffle for a free registration to ANY SLA-SCC event of your choice this year! And it will also help the chapter Board plan the kind of events you like, in places convenient for you to attend.Look forward to seeing you on 2/8!------
SLA-SCC Leadership Retreat
Registration is Open/Change of Location
All members, prospective members and students, are invited to this recap of the SLA Leadership Symposium and planning session for the SLA Southern California Chapter in 2020.
Symposium attendees will share news from SLA HQ and board, as well as leadership insights and training from the symposium. Lunch will be provided.An open Board Meeting of the Chapter Executive and Advisory Boards will follow, and is open to all interested in attending.The goal is to bring together a diverse group of professionals for a few hours and really work through what we need to do to fulfill the chapter's mission of providing effective professional development to local professionals over the next year.Draft Agenda:
11am-2pm (with lunch):
- News from SLA HQ and Board from Leadership Symposium in D.C.
- Status of restructuring, rebranding, and other news from the SLA Board and HQ
- How does this impact SLA-SCC:
- Financial impact - what concerns do we have, how we will continue to support students and all members
- Lessons on learned - from the trenches on responding, adapting, and improving in SLA and beyond
- Leadership training/exercises from Symposium
- Change management
- Group/individual identification
- Attendee takeaways
- Career Insights:
- Developments in/future of the profession - Roundtable discussion
- Discuss SLA-SCC Event Survey responses (send out in Jan. 2020)
- Event planning for 2020
- Thoughts? Ideas?
- Locations, topics, engagement
- Future of the chapter:
- What is our mission?
- To what extent are we fulfilling it? What extent are we not?
- Are we equipped to fulfill it?
- What do you need from the chapter? SLA Board? HQ?
- Full circle on goals, needs, resources, and what the chapter needs from HQ above and members below to full them.
------------------------------Shelly Ray, SLA Southern California Chapter President 2020------------------------------
Open chapter Board Meeting
Agenda will be posted to the SLA-SCC Connect community in advance of the meeting.
Use code SLA-SCC to register via EventBrite: www.eventbrite.com/e/...
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
This meeting will be held at FIDM's Library, 919 S. Grand Ave., LA, CA, 90015
Due to Security, registration is required to attend. Registrants will be sent parking and access information prior to the event.