CLICK TO APPLY NOW
Southern States University (SSU), located in California, is an accredited, private American university founded in 1983. With campuses in the San Diego, Irvine, and Las Vegas areas, SSU is focused on training business-oriented professionals from around the world.
Southern States University’s mission is to offer undergraduate and graduate education by providing affordable, high-quality learning opportunities to a diverse community of students, empowering them to apply their acquired skills and knowledge to lead productive lives, enhance career opportunities, and become contributing members of the global community.
The University Librarian is responsible for managing and supervising all SSU library and instructional resources on-site and online, facilitating their integration into all phases of curricular and educational offerings, and assisting students and faculty in their use. The University Librarian manages and supervises the library system for all registered SSU students at multi-campus and virtual sites and provides library services as needed in the main campus (San Diego) and through the online course management software (Moodle), via phone, email, and video conferencing as needed. The University Librarian provides leadership and supervision to all campus Librarians. The University Librarian participates in documented professional growth activities and is involved in other related work as specified by the University management. Occasional travel to the Irvine campus will take place along with the supervision of the Las Vegas campus librarian.
- Master's Degree in Library and Information Science from an ALA-accredited program.
- Experience with digital reference, online tutorials, and digital tools.
- Knowledge of current and emerging trends and technologies in academic libraries.
- Demonstrated experience in customer service.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience as a librarian in a university setting.
- The University Librarian is a part-time position with 20 hours/week
- The compensation will start at $17/hour
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $17.00 /hour
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)