San Francisco Bay Area Chapter Jobline
The Jobline is provided by the San Francisco Bay Area chapter of the Special Libraries Association (SLA).
The fee to post a job is $25.00 for SLA members, and $50.00 for non-members. We will send you an invoice when we post the job. Jobs are listed for six weeks.
- Posting should be in plain text if possible (no fancy formatting).
- Include geographical location, job title, salary, job responsibilities, whether the job is full or part time/permanent or temporary, desired qualifications, application contact information and close date, if applicable.
- Indicate if you are an SLA member.
The Jobline contact is Erin Meggyesy. Contact her with new job postings or questions at email@example.com.
Applied Materials’ e-Library is searching for an Information Specialist to join our team in Santa Clara. The e-Library provides employees access to superior digital resources which support product innovation and development.
This position will work as a member of the e-Library team. The team works to provide access to accurate and timely external technical and business resources to the employees of Applied Materials along with educating users and potential users on the resources available to them. Additionally the team works to connect information to specific projects in the organization.
- Conduct research using available resources and tools, including scientific and business literature, and patents.
- Source documents and articles.
- Work with various teams to provide general and subject specific project-based research including competitive intelligence.
- Train employees on available resources and tools.
- Assist with library administrative procedures, including updating and maintaining SharePoint sites and compiling statistics.
- Assist with the evaluation and recommendation of new information resources.
- Use question and answer skills to conduct effective reference interviews.
- Monitor, update, and improve knowledge and expertise with respect to information research tools and resources.
- Work on other projects with groups within the office of the CTO, including University Relations.
- Strong customer service, communication, organizational, and multi-tasking skillsets.
- Flexibility to work independently or within a team environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Experience working in a science, engineering, or business background.
- Demonstrates expanded conceptual knowledge in own discipline and broadens capabilities
- Understands key business drivers; uses this understanding to accomplish own work
- No supervisory responsibilities but provides informal guidance to new team members
- Solves problems in straightforward situations; analyzes possible solutions using technical experience and judgment and precedents
- Impacts quality of own work and the work of others on the team; works within guidelines and policies
- Explains complex information to others in straightforward situations
This position requires a Master’s degree in Library Science from an ALA accredited program. Candidates who are currently enrolled in a Masters program and are within one semester of graduating will also be considered and are encouraged to apply.
Education: Master's Degree - Library Science
Years of Experience: 2 - 4 Years
Travel: Yes, 10% of the Time
Relocation Eligible: No
To apply, please visit https://amat.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/External/job/Santa-ClaraCA/Information-Specialist-II--Library-Resources_R1912833
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
When applying, please mention that you found this position listing on SLA SF Bay Area Jobline. Thank you!
San Francisco Planning Department (CPC)
Public Service Trainee - Records Digitization Project
3 Month Temporary Project
Application Deadline: Friday, June 28, 2019 at 5:00 pm PDT
Several years ago, the San Francisco Planning Department initiated a records digitization project. The purpose of the digitization effort was to reduce the physical space paper records occupied, make documents electronically available to staff and the public, link project/entitlement documents to records in the Department’s permit tracking system and reduce the need for records to be obtained through the public information request process.
To date, most of the Department’s building permit and entitlement case files have been digitized, along with a great deal of property-related background documentation. However, the Department still has a large quantity of historic documents, including photos and maps that have not been digitized. These documents take a wide variety of forms, ranging from microfiche to large-format photographic prints. We are currently in the process of inventorying those documents.
The selected candidate will be responsible for completing the cataloguing of these files; researching and preparing recommendations for the best methods for digitizing them; and identifying those documents that need to be preserved along with the best methods for doing so. This position may also involve the actual preparation, preservation, and/or digitization of certain documents depending on the time available.
The ideal candidate should possess an education and background in historic document preservation, library science or other education and background that would prepare him/her to successfully complete the responsibilities identified above.
Requires completion of three years (equivalent to 90 semester units or 120 quarter units) of education from an accredited college or university leading to a Bachelor’s Degree in Planning, Architecture, Urban Studies, or a related field specific to the internship.
--Library Science, Library Information Technology student or degree preferred
--Excellent organizational and communication skills
--Ability to lift and carry up to 25-30 pounds
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications for City and County of San Francisco jobs are only accepted through an online process.
Visit: https://www.jobapscloud.com/SF/sup/BulPreview.asp?R1=TEX&R2=9910&R3=083955 to register an account and to view this complete job announcement for application submission requirements.
Equal Opportunity Employer