2019 SCIENCE-TECHNOLOGY DIVISION S. KIRK CABEEN TRAVEL STIPEND AWARD
The Sci-Tech Division is seeking applicants for the S. Kirk Cabeen Travel Stipend Award. This $1,000 award, generously supported by SPIE Digital Library, is to be used toward expenses of attending the Special Libraries Association (SLA) Annual Conference in Cleveland, Ohio, USA June 14-18, 2019.
QUALIFICATIONS: Be a library school student at an ALA-accredited library school OR, if NOT currently a student, then the applicant should be a recent graduate from an ALA-accredited program attending their first SLA Annual Conference.
Be a current member of SLA, preference going to Science-Technology Division members. Please note, membership in SLA for students or low-income librarians is $50.
NOMINATIONS: Self-nominations are encouraged.
Send an application letter via email including current job title, Library School and anticipated graduation date (if applicable), employer (if applicable), and all professional and personal contact information.
All nominations must also include a short essay (500 words or less). As Sci-Tech Librarians, we need to be nimble and able to adapt to change. Please write a short essay on the theme of "Trends in libraries that will affect Sci-Tech Librarianship in the next five years". Neatness, spelling and grammar will count in judging.
Supporting documentation must include:
- a current curriculum vita OR resume for the candidate.
- letters from instructors, employers or colleagues, as applicable.
- a list of significant publications (if applicable), or other documentation regarding qualifications
- Applications should also mention if you are currently applying for other SLA Division awards or any other SLA awards.
DEADLINE FOR NOMINATIONS: April 30, 2019
Nominations and all accompanying materials should be sent to Dr P K Jain, Chair of the Sci-Tech Division Awards Committee, at the following email address: email@example.com
POST AWARD REQUIREMENTS:
- Recipient(s) will write a brief article (approximately 1,000 words) on the conference experience for the Sci-Tech website. Alternately, the recipient(s) could film a short video discussing the conference experience to be posted on the SciTech website. Deadline for submission of the brief article or short video is September 1, 2019.
- Recipient(s) will be asked to serve on the Science-Technology Division Awards Committee in the following year. Recipient(s) may continue on the Awards Committee after that year if desired.
- Applicants will receive notification of award status by early May 2019. The award check can be presented at the Annual Conference or sent to the recipient as soon as the receipts (travel expenses, registration, hotel, etc.) are received by the Awards Chairperson or Treasurer.
- The recipient's name will be posted to the Science-Technology Division's Web site, as will the winning essay.
- The award will be announced and presented to the recipient at the Science-Technology Division's All-Sciences & Engineering Divisions Poster Session on Sunday, June 16, 2019 7:15-8:15 pm
Institute of Economic Growth
University of Delhi Enclave
DELHI- 110007. India
Mobile (Cell): 91 9899110787