2021 Science-Technology and Arabian Gulf Community Diane K. Foster Student Award
to attend Special Libraries Association (SLA) Conference August 04-13, 2021 Virtually
The Science-Technology Community of SLA will be offering the 2021 Diane K. Foster Student Travel Award jointly with the Arabian Gulf Community.
The successful applicant will receive an award certificate and free registration to attend the 2021 SLA Annual Conference, being held virtually from August 04-13, 2021.
The award will be formally acknowledged at the SLA Annual Conference 2021 in the Sci-Tech Community Award session.
- Be enrolled in an accredited Master level LIS programme in Arabian Gulf Communities during the current academic year
- Be interested in a career in special librarianship, preferably with a focus on working in a science and technology environment.
- Be a first-time attendee at an SLA conference.
Post Award Requirements
The recipient of the 2021 Science-Technology Community / Arabian Gulf Community Student Award will be:
- Required to write a brief article on their conference experience for publication on the SLA Sci-Tech Community’s website.
- Asked to maintain contact with the Arabian Gulf Community/ Chapter Board during the year of their Award.
- Asked to serve on the Science-Technology Community Awards Committee
You will need 3 documents to apply for the 2021 Diane K. Foster Student Award: a statement, a CV/resume, and a letter of recommendation. All documents should be in English. Application documents should demonstrate you meet the eligibility criteria for the award. Please submit your documents to Debal.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Statement: Write a two part statement of a maximum 1200 words for all parts in total.
- Part one: Tell us why you chose to pursue a career in LIS and why you might want to pursue a career in the area of your chosen Community.
- Part two: Tell us what you anticipate getting out of the conference of SLA Annual Conference and what impact you think this award will have on you personally and/or professionally.
CV/resume: Include a copy of your most current CV/resume with your current postal and email addresses as well as a current telephone number.
Letter of recommendation: Include a letter which explains why you would be a good candidate for this Award. The recommendation may come from your supervisor at work, or a professional colleague not at your own workplace, or, if you are a student, from a lecturer or faculty advisor from your course.
Deadline for Applications
: extended to June 9, 2021