2021 SCIENCE-TECHNOLOGY AND ENGINEERING COMMUNITIES BONNIE HILDITCH INTERNATIONAL LIBRARIAN AWARD
The Bonnie (Bonny) Hilditch International Science-Technology and Engineering Divisions Librarian Award is an award presented by the Science-Technology and Engineering Communities of the Special Libraries Association (SLA) to a librarian outside of the United States and Canada. The purpose of the award is to provide an opportunity for a librarian outside of the United States or Canada to attend the annual SLA conference. The $3000 USD award will be awarded in late February allowing the recipient time to arrange for attendance at the annual conference. An acknowledgment of the award will be presented at the annual SLA meeting.
The SLA Science-Technology and Engineering Communities Awards committees reserve the right to withhold the award if a sufficient number of appropriate candidates are not nominated.
Be a current member of SLA, preference given to members of the SLA Science-Technology and/or Engineering Community.
Candidate should reside and work outside of the United States and Canada and be working currently in a library, information center, library school or other information capacity, preferably either in the science and technology and/or engineering area.
Candidates should not have been a recipients of this award in the past, and candidates should apply for only one Science-Technology Community award in a given year.
Submission should be in English.
Self-nominations are encouraged. Send an online statement including information on the candidate's professional career, professional activities or offices held, special projects or services, publications, and any other related functions that qualify the person for the award.
Documentation must include a current curriculum vitae OR resume for the candidate, documentation of significant publications or projects (electronic copies or links to copies are preferred), and 2 supporting letters of recommendation.
Please inform the committee if you are currently applying for other SLA awards.
DEADLINE FOR NOMINATIONS: To be announced, often in early February
APPLICATION PROCEDURES for the SCIENCE-TECHNOLOGY and ENGINEERING COMMUNITIES BONNIE HILDITCH INTERNATIONAL LIBRARIAN AWARD
- The winner will be responsible for making all necessary travel arrangements (passports, visas, etc.) for a visit to the location of the SLA annual conference as well as for conference attendance.
- Include a current resume, 2 supporting letters, and relevant materials as required in the nomination process.
POST AWARD REQUIREMENTS:
- The recipient will write a brief article (approximately 1,000 words) on the conference experience approximately 4 months after the conference and will send it to the Award Chair and Chair of Science-Technology Community.
- Recipient will be asked to serve on the Science-Technology and Engineering Communities Awards Committee the following year in order to provide for the continuity and enthusiasm of this award.
- Applicants will receive notification of award status by the end of February. The award check will be sent to the recipient as soon as the receipts are received by the Awards Chairperson or the Science Technology Community Treasurer.
- The recipient’s names will be posted to the Science-Technology and Engineering Communities' web sites.
- The announcement and introduction of the recipient will take place at the start of the All-Sciences Poster Session.
E-mail nominations and materials preferred. If necessary, send nominations and materials to:
Debal C Kar, PhD
Dr. B R Ambedkar University Delhi
Lothian Road, Kashmere Gate, Delhi 110006, India
Ph: +91-11-26023552(R), +91-11-23865084(O), 9811392242 (M)