Feb 10, 12:00 PM - 3:00 PM (PT)
Skirball Cultural Center Exhibit Tour – February 10th, 12pm.
Join your friends, colleagues and other area information professionals at the Skirball Cultural Centerto experience the highly acclaimed current exhibition, “Notorious RBG: The Life and Times of Ruth Bader Ginsburg.” Coinciding with the twenty-fifth anniversary of RBG’s appointment to the high court, this is the first-ever retrospective about the famed associate justice and American cultural icon.
Explore the American judicial system through one of its sharpest minds, plus;
- “Ride” along with Ruth and her future husband Martin Ginsburg, a.k.a. “Marty,” on their first date.
- Watch RBG work out! Not bad for someone over 80!
- Dress up as justices and make your voice heard at a recreation of the Supreme Court bench.
- Stop at ten listening stations and hear RBG’s delivery of oral arguments, majority opinions, and forceful dissents in landmark Supreme Court cases.
You’ll have a chance mingle with other information professionals over a lovely buffet lunch. The fee, which includes lunch and admission to exhibitions, is $25.00 for members, $20.00 for students, unemployed and retired members, and $30 for non-members
Other information professional association members such as ALA,AALL, ARLIS/NA, SAA may register at the member rate.
Since we needed a firm headcount for the lunches, registration closes February 7th.
When: Sunday, Feb. 10, 2019 at 12pm
Where: Skirball Cultural Center, 2701 N. Sepulveda Blvd. 90049
Parking is convenient and free.
Please feel free to pass this along to colleagues you think may be interested!
* Registration: 11:30 am
* Lunch: Noon to 1 pm
* A docent will arrive around 12:30 pm to provide an introduction to the RBG exhibition.
* After lunch, you are free to visit the exhibition, as well as the permanent exhibition Visions and Values. Access to the Noah’s Ark exhibition is timed and limited and often sells out on weekends, but you can reserve online in advance for $12.
Directions and other details:
The Skirball Cultural Center is located at 2701 N. Sepulveda Blvd. 90049. If coming from the 405, exit at Skirball Center Drive and follow signage.
Parking is free and available in the lot across Sepulveda; look for the signal at Bergreen Place. Parking also is available on the north end of the campus; look for the signal at Herscher Way. Limited handicapped parking is available in the garage at the south end of the campus – accessible via the light at Skirball Center Drive. If you park in the lot across Sepulveda, please use the crosswalk and watch traffic carefully as you cross the street.
There will be signage directing you to our meeting space, and there will be staff in the lobby who can direct you as well.
If you have questions about the event, including food allergies, please contact Shelly Ray, President-Elect at email@example.com or 714-472-5700 (mobile).
For questions about the venue or exhibitions, please contact Peter Johnson, firstname.lastname@example.org at 310-440-4707 (office); 213-590-5983 (mobile)
Los Angeles, CA, United States