Feb 8, 10:45 AM - 4:15 PM (PT)
Save the Date 2/8/2020 - SLA-SCC Leadership Retreat
All members, prospective members and students, are invited to this recap of the SLA Leadership Symposium and planning session for the SLA Southern California Chapter in 2020.
Symposium attendees will share news from SLA HQ and board, as well as leadership insights and training from the symposium. Lunch will be provided.An open Board Meeting of the Chapter Executive and Advisory Boards will follow, and is open to all interested in attending.
The goal is to bring together a diverse group of professionals for a few hours and really work through what we need to do to fulfill the chapter's mission of providing effective professional development to local professionals over the next year.Draft Agenda:
11am-2pm (with lunch):
2:30-4pm: Open chapter Board Meeting
- News from SLA HQ and Board from Leadership Symposium in D.C.
- Status of restructuring, and other news
- Leadership training/exercise from Symposium
- Career Insights:
- Developments in/future of the profession - Roundtable discussion
- Discuss Event Survey responses (send out in Jan. 2020) Discussion of event planning for 2020
- Thoughts? Ideas?
- Locations, topics, engagement
- Future of the chapter:
- What is our mission?
- To what extent are we fulfilling it? What extent are we not?
- Are we equipped to fulfill it?
- What do we need from the chapter Board? HQ?
- What are the specific financial decisions we need to make to fulfill the mission?
RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
This meeting will be held in Metro's Library at 1 Gateway Plaza, Los Angeles, CA 90012
Due to Security, RSVP is required to attend.
Los Angeles, CA, United States