Pace Gallery Research & Archives seeks an innovative and service-focused librarian to manage its library collection and provide services to staff and guest researchers. The librarian is an integral member of the research services team. The library is a specialized collection that serves the business and curatorial needs of a global enterprise in support of sales, gallery programs, artists and object research. The collection includes artist monographs, exhibition catalogues, art theory, periodicals, photography, and artist files.
· Provide specialized subject reference and research assistance to staff, dealer offices, and guest researchers
· Catalog and process new acquisitions
· Plan acquisitions within collection development framework Update and create content for Web pages, user guides and training materials
· Develop library programming and special events
· Participate in exhibitions, installations, and publications, in collaboration with the Curatorial team
· Provide innovative service to increase usage and sustain fundamental users
· Represent the Library by participating in meetings and on committees
· Supervise library interns
· Coordinate and facilitate all Libraries functions, and collaborate with the director of Research & Archives to develop and write department's new collection development policy
· Develop and monitor budgets
· Collect and report usage statistics
· Performs related work as required
· Understand copyright law, fair use, and ethical use of information
· Commitment to professional development and scholarship, demonstrated contribution and participation in the broader professional community
· Master's Degree in Library Science from an ALA accredited program, visual studies or Art History, or another relevant discipline
· Maintain current knowledge of library and archives trends
· A minimum of two years of professional experience in an academic, museum, or corporate library
· Knowledge of art literature and experience maintaining an art collection
· Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
· Computer skills including familiarity with web-based cataloguing tools, MS Office suite, and Adobe CC
· Familiarity with OCLC Connexion, LibGuides, online citation management, digital humanities tools, and related library systems and software
· Should be able to lift weights up to 40 lbs.
· Knowledge of the art world and trends in practice and scholarship
· Ability to establish and maintain effective and appropriate working relationships with staff, interns, and outside individuals, and organizations
· Strong organization skills and attention to detail are critical
· Desire to function in a team-oriented environment
· Exhibit a professional, responsible and self-motivated attitude
In addition to an active and progressive work environment, Pace Gallery offers a competitive benefits package, including medical, dental and vision insurance, retirement plans with a company match, flexible spending accounts and commuter benefits. We encourage a healthy work/life balance and offer a generous vacation policy.
Please send your cover letter, resume, references, and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org, Subject: Librarian.