Come join our team!
Reese Library of Augusta University invites applications for the position of Special Collections Librarian at the faculty rank of Instructor. Working under the direction of the Associate Director of Reese Library, this full-time, non-tenure track faculty position has the primary responsibility of providing leadership, vision, and strategic direction for Special Collections within the broader context of the strategic plans and goals of the University Libraries as well as Augusta University.
The successful candidate will accomplish the following:
· Oversee all care and housing of Special Collections materials including the manuscript collection and selected university archives.
· Increase access to collection items through arrangement, description, cataloging, and digitization efforts.
· Develop physical and online exhibitions of Special Collections resources.
· Create and enforce policies and procedures for the department.
· Pursue funding opportunities related to collection acquisition, processing, preservation, digitization, and promotion.
· Compile and report statistics for institutional, state, and national reports.
· Supervise one full-time staff member.
· Serve as a liaison to the Department of History, Anthropology, and Philosophy.
· Participate in collection development, including the weeding/withdrawal of items from Special Collections and the library's general collection.
· Create and maintain online research guides.
· Provide research assistance in person or virtually to all users of the department's collections, maintaining high customer service standards.
· Participate in the library instruction program by teaching classes in the liaison area, and other areas as needed.
· Actively engage in professional development by conducting scholarly research relevant to areas of responsibility; disseminate research by contributing to appropriate professional literature and/or conferences.
· Collaborate with the Curator, Historical Collections and Archives at Greenblatt Library.
· Engage in service to the libraries, the university, the community, and the profession, including serving on committees.
Read the full ad here: https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=12000&JobOpeningId=216523&PostingSeq=1
Thomas C. Weeks, MLIS, MS
Assistant Professor, Reference and Instruction Librarian
University Libraries, Reese Library