STATUS: Full Time DIVISION: Academic Affairs REPORTS TO: Director, Library SUPERVISES: Work Study Students FLSA STATUS: Exempt
Position Description The Technical Services Librarian is responsible for cataloging library materials, coordinating resource sharing initiatives, and managing KOHA, the integrated library system. The Librarian will work closely with the Library Director to establish best practices for technical services at the library. Additionally, the Librarian will participate in collaborative work with other staff members to support library services and workflows at large.
Position Accountabilities and Essential Functions
· Create original and copy cataloging and authority work on all types of library materials and collections
· Oversee the processing of new library acquisitions
· Manage and coordinate workflows related to resource sharing at the library
· Manage the integrated library system, KOHA, including writing and running database queries in SQL
· Interpret reports from KOHA to aid in the assessment of library collections and services
· Participate in collection development for assigned subject areas
· Stay up to date on current trends and best practices related to technical services within libraries
· Provide basic reference and information services to library patrons
· Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Experience Required Qualifications:
· Earned MLS, MSI, or MLIS from an ALA accredited institution
· Minimum of two years of experience working in a library
· Skills in standard office software such as Microsoft Word and Excel
· Coursework or experience in library cataloging
· Knowledge of AACR2, RDA, and/or MARC 21 formats and standards
· Effective oral and written communication, including the ability to develop clear written procedures to train staff
· Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills, including project management
· Demonstrated knowledge of integrated library systems, resource discovery tools, link resolvers, and proxy authentication systems
About CCS Located in the heart of Detroit, the College for Creative Studies (CCS) educates artists and designers to be leaders in the creative professions. A private, fully accredited college, CCS enrolls more than 1,400 students pursuing Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) and Master of Fine Arts (MFA) degrees.
Students in the BFA program can major in Advertising Design, Communication Design, Crafts, Entertainment Arts, Fashion Accessories Design, Fine Arts, Illustration, Interior Design, Photography, Product Design, and Transportation Design, in addition to a dual major Art Education program. Students in the MFA program can major in Color and Materials Design, Interaction Design, Integrated Design, and Transportation Design. The College also offers non-credit courses in the visual arts through its Continuing and Precollege Studies programs and opportunities for youth through its Community Arts Partnerships programs.
To apply Applicants are encouraged to apply immediately. The search will close when a suitable candidate is hired. Interested candidates should submit the following in PDF format: Resume and a letter of application should be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org
CCS website: http://www.collegeforcreativestudies.edu/
The College for Creative Studies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.